Thursday, February 17, 2005

Amusing phone call. (link corrected)


So, about 2 minutes ago my phone rings at work.

It's EL's cellphone # on the caller ID. Middle of the day, I'm hoping The Boy isn't sick or anything like that. I answer.



EL: "Hey, it's me."

JD: "Hi, what's up, everything OK?"

EL: "Did [The Boy] meet your girlfriend?"

(I admit, I pause to consider proper response....a second or so...)

"Yes, he did."

"I thought we'd talked about that. Shouldn't you have told me first?"

"We never talked about that. As usual you are remembering what you want to. What we talked about is that [The Boy] would not meet [Other Guy] when we were still trying to 'save our marriage.' Nothing was ever said after you moved out."

"Yes, we did talk about it. We weren't going to let him meet anyone we were seeing."

"No, we didn't...it was specifically about [Other Guy] and my exact words were, 'Don't take [The Boy] out with the two of you at any point, I don't want Daddy #2 to be auditioning.' That was the conversation...because the point was that while I was trying to prove to you that I was a better man and husband than you thought, you shouldn't have been seeing some other guy acting in my role."

"That's not what it was." (I love that I have this blog. I KNOW my memory isn't tainted, 'cuz the blog clearly reflects this exact conversation back on 10/24/04)

"Yes, that was exactly what it was, we never talked about it again after you moved out, and besides, why are you grilling our 2 year old son about who he's with and who Daddy is seeing?"

"Oh, I didn't. He just popped right out with it that he met [RHA] Daddy's girlfriend."

(Clearly a lie, because, I have never used that word with or in front of The Boy. He knows RHA as RHA only, not Daddy's friend, or Daddy's girlfriend, or anything like that. The only two times he has met her that's how I have described her to him. Most likely what really happened is that EL knows the woman I'm dating's name is "RHA" because when you call my cellphone, my Caller Tune Intro says, "Hi, it's JD, I'll be right with you, in the meantime here's one for my Valentine, RHA..." and then it goes into "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer for a few seconds until either I answer or you get my voicemail...

And The Boy DOES know that "RHA" gave him a book and a stuffed puppy. So I'm reasonably sure he was asked, "Where'd this puppy come from?" and the boy replied, "RHA gave it to me" or something like that. )

I acknowledge, by the way, that that really doesn't qualify as "grilling" our son if it was a simple question asked and answered, but I did want to piss her off, I freely admit that.... :)

Anyway...to continue...

JD: "Well, I'm sorry, but he did meet her, and I don't see anything wrong with that. He doesn't know who she is, just another friend he gets to play with sometimes."

EL: "I don't think I should have to have heard that from him."

(hangs up)


Oh well. Not my fault she has to sneak around and hide her relationship from people, and I don't. I think another hard dose of reality just smacked EL in the face and she's not ready to deal with it on top of the Other Guy losing interest in her no matter how much she tries to up the ante...I haven't bothered mentioning much about it lately (see, I really am letting go a lot more...NOT saying I have completely, just saying, a little more every day...) but she's now trying to get her friend LH (the one confidant and friend that I've mentioned before on here, who is a really good source of advice, being she's involved with a man who divorced HIS wife for her, but she fucks around on him constantly with every man she can get her hands on at work...married or not...) to join them as the 3rd member of the three way. Or already has for all I really know.

Divorce is hell, eh EL?

Yeah, I'm spiteful and mean now. No denials here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she cared that much about The Boy, she wouldn't have abandoned the marriage.

It's ALL ABOUT *HER*.

And she's getting what she deserves. Are you sure she's not on drugs?

SH

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home