Monday, February 14, 2005

Woohoo. And I didn't even need to send them to myself!

So, I sent RHA some flowers last week. It was kinda cute, y'know, I sent them so she'd get them on Thursday, as an early Valentine's surprise.

It was a nice arrangement too, I just went to see if I could post a link to it on 1800flowers.com but it's not there anymore. Must have sold out?

Anyway, today, what do I get at work?






And I'm not one of these macho types who thinks that's uncool. No way, I'm grinnin' like a fool here... :)

Card says, "To our first of many Valentine's Days...Love Always, RHA."

(stop trying to zoom in and read her name, people! :) )

The card I sent her, by the way, was, "Since I got my Valentine's Day gift early - the day I met you - I wanted yours to be early, too. Happy Valentines Day, Love, JD"

It was awesome. She said everyone at work made a huge fuss over her, kept coming in to look at 'em, said it was great how happy she looked, etc. Really made ME feel great that I could have made her so happy. And it was a good week, too - tho I'd ordered them the week before and had no idea, her hospital got it's surprise Department of Health inspection last week, so it was hellish and stressful and all that...and in her position, pretty much ANY complaint or deficiency gets laid at her door, since she's the director of social work and is basically the "advocate" for the residents and is supposed to know everything that goes on, as unlikely as that obviously is.

Anyway, it was good timing and she was really thrilled and so I was very happy. I didn't expect flowers for myself, tho. ;)

Oh, now that I'm done braggin'...happy Valentines's Day to everyone, too! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home