Sunday, February 06, 2005

This is what I'm talking about...


I know, I know... What EL does no longer concerns me. I shouldn't care, it's none of my business, etc.

And, trust me - I feel nothing for her anymore. I don't want to be married. I'm actually kinda grossed out by looking at her now, I discovered today.

"Nothing" wasn't the right word, as I've been saying for awhile now...I feel pity, remorse, and I wish she'd get herself some help. I wish she'd find whatever it is in herself she needs, and get it taken care of.

Why am I saying this?

For 3 days now, she has sent herself flowers at work, with fake cards signed by a nonexistent person.

First one said, "Hope this cheers you up and you feel better. -David."
Second one said, "Another day."
Third one said, "Please reconsider - David." That one has special instructions to deliver it to the receptionist. Presumably so the gossip could get around the office and reach The Other Guy's ears. Maybe the 1st two got brought right to her cube or something and he wasn't properly jealous. So this encompasses Thursday, Friday, and tomorrow.

How am I so sure there is not really a "David' sending these? Pretty simple - the orders are placed by my wife, EL, billed to her credit card, and sent to her at work.

How do I know this? Because I've seen the email confirmation receipts. I don't want to get into a big long story, so let me just simplify by saying, the account she's ordering them from at 1800flowers.com sends the receipts to my Email address, because it's actually my account. She's billing them to her own credit card but she seems to not realize that the account itself was set up by me, so I'm the one getting the confirmation.

So...I'm worried about her sanity at this point. She's lost it, completely and totally lost it, and the timing is very bad for her indeed as I have NO INTEREST in going back now.

Bed made. She's lying in it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ching said...

I'm confused??!

I guess I should start from the beginning.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Fensty said...

LOL, yeah, you should...lotta changes in the last 4 months. You have a LOT of catching up to do if you really wanna.

Like I said a few entries down, calling this "The End of My Marriage: A commentary on trying to save my marriage" is no longer applicable..... :)

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just sad about EL. There's a big crash coming, isn't there? I hope for your kid's sake she doesn't fall too far down.

As to you and your new love... atta boy! Enjoy it for all it's worth, whether that's a month or a lifetime.

Are you overlooking the warts? Of course you are. Enjoy it! Hopefully, you'll find out in time that the blemishes aren't so bad, along the lines of not putting a new roll of TP on the holder or leaving socks on the floor. Things you can live with.

Are you crazy? Yes. But in the right sort of way. It's good to feel alive again, isn't it?

I'm happy for you two! Hope you're planning a special Valentine's.

Barbara

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is extremely sad and pathetic. In a way, I feel sorry for her, because she clearly needs mental help. But it is hard to feel sorry for someone who treated you like such shit.

I'm wondering now, if you had blown the affair open to the OG's wife... I wonder if she would have sought mental help?

But then, I also wonder, even if the marriage had been salvaged, if this illness would rear its ugly head again in a few months or years.

Any chance she's on drugs?

How is The Boy coping with the situation?

SH

6:01 PM  
Blogger mutts said...

snigger how old are you two?

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

George Glass syndrome. (Brady Bunch reference) I had a sorority sister who did this in college. Definitely indicative of serious problems in dealing with others and with reality in general.

Let her hit rock bottom without you either pushing her there or cushioning the fall. You've washed your hands and done well in doing so. She has a lot of growing up to do.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home