Monday, November 01, 2004

Uneventful Monday. Work was fine.

Well, work was fine. Didn't dwell on things, didn't mess me up at all.

Didn't get much done, but that was more because it was the first day back after 2 1/2 weeks, than any other reason...lots of email to answer, gossip to catch up on, and had to sort of catch up on where the project I was on when I left, was today...

But overall everything was fine.

EL made a nice dinner tonight, that was also fine.

Was under 1000 calories again today. People at work, some who didn't know anything was "up" with me at all, commented I looked different. That meant a lot. I guess that first 20lbs came off my face, which is good. It gave me a needed boost that it's already making a difference...

Nothing going on on the relationship front at all, because we both worked all day, didn't have a lot of interaction time, but that's fine.

I do have that appointment with the lawyer tomorrow (EL assumes it's a therapist appointment) so I have to draw up a list of a couple of key questions...like what does the affair mean, what proof do I need, is the proof I already have legally admissable, can she touch my stock options, how will a custody fight work in light of her affair, how do I avoid consenting to the affair without moving out, what does it mean if she moves out and I don't, etc... There are others but they come and go, I need to write 'em all down.

I am slightly optimistic still today, I don't know why...sooner or later something will knock me back down again I'm sure, but I guess I just feel a bit "up" with going back to work, seeing friends again, etc.

Oh, I found out the cheapest option for the 2000 Mustang ( http://mustang2k.freeservers.com ) transmission is just getting the current tranny rebuilt, so rather than some of the sexy options I'd considered (getting a 6-speed Cobra tranny, getting a race-built Tremec 5-speed, or some other fancy options) I'm just going to do that. I'm half-convinced I'll be buying a 2006 GT 'vert when they roll out, if I'm still married. If I'm divorced, doubt I'll be able to afford one. Time will tell, eh? So anyway I'll be taking that in this week...might squeeze one or two top-down rides in before the snow flies.

I'm a little strange that way...if the sun is out, the top is down...it's just that simple. I never knew I was a "convertible guy" until my honeymoon when we rented a Mustang 'vert. At the time I knew I'd be buying a Mustang GT, wasn't sure if I would spend the extra $5k for the 'vert...so when we got to Hawaii and they had 'verts at the rental place for only a couple bucks more, I decided to try it.

We weren't even outta the parking lot before I knew I'd buy a 'vert, and I've never looked back. I know I will never buy a new hardtop car again. There are 'vert people and hardtop people, and I'm a 'vert. And if you just like putting the top down once or twice a year - you're not a 'vert person, you just think you are. :)

Like I said, if the sun is out, the top is down, the temperature doesn't matter...that's what coats are for. OH, ok...If it's REALLY cold, like under 40' F, then I guess I might leave it up...that's about it though... :)

So I look forward to that, too.



Last word:

Tomorrow - VOTE people. I don't care who you vote for (well, I do, but that's the correct thing to say...) but please get out there and vote for someone, willya? It's important.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home