Sunday morning.
Well, she's out for her usual Sunday morning lunch with her Mom.
For a brief moment there - basically, the one day we had a conversation about MY issues (not EL's) and how I was trying to fix them to save my marriage - I thought her Mom was going to at least try to meet me halfway. Hell, meet me 1/4th of the way...but no. Her mom is as cold and aloof to me as ever. Basically, she ignores me in my own house, doesn't speak to me unless I ask her a direct question.
Things like - I said, "EL, I'll get The Boy dressed while you're in the shower."
EL's Mom, cutting me off walking down the hall... "Granny likes to dress The Boy..."
Oooooooo-kay. I know I'm probably reading too much into it and all that, but it's still goddamn annoying. She could say, "No, JD, it's OK, I like to." Just ignores me and walks past me instead.
Again, I don't think her mom should be on my "side." This isn't about "sides." It's about her mom knowing our marriage has some problems and that I'm trying really hard to fix them, and she's not making it any easier...keeps putting up the same roadblocks. Refuses to let me go out to breakfast with them, refuses to let me go on vacation with them, etc.
Yes, it's her Mom's vacation and EL just "tags along." But she KNOWS my marriage is in trouble and she KNOWS one of the reasons is me not being there as a father/husband on "family" events. So why is she intentionally having family events and locking me out. Dammit.
It's not like she doesn't get her "space" and time with her mom and stuff without me. I wouldn't want to horn in on their shopping trips, for example. Basically the only thing I asked is if I could go to the breakfast with them, and the vacations. Nope. SLAM.
In other news, my wife is still shopping for "thigh high stockings with garters" online, and now appears to be looking for schoolgirl plaid miniskirts as well. Uh-huh, yeah that's right. Not exactly what a 29 year old wears to work or on a date. A bedroom date, yeah.
So, while yesterday was encouraging, this morning starts out the same. Shitty.
Fact is, she just doesn't love me anymore, it's pretty obvious (I mean, she SAID it bluntly, of course, but what I mean is all the signs and attitude point towards it being true as well, not just words she said for whatever reason...), and she can't, or won't, let herself try to.
So I'm depressed again. I know, I can only keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens, hope for the best, etc. But it sucks.
I'm going back to work tomorrow, I hope I can concentrate on my job...and I hope she doesn't start having nooners in the house while I'm gone. That's not paranoia people, that's one of the little teasy-flirty things I read in their Emails to each other that day.
Well, we still had plans to go out tonight and do something nice, so we'll see how that goes.
For a brief moment there - basically, the one day we had a conversation about MY issues (not EL's) and how I was trying to fix them to save my marriage - I thought her Mom was going to at least try to meet me halfway. Hell, meet me 1/4th of the way...but no. Her mom is as cold and aloof to me as ever. Basically, she ignores me in my own house, doesn't speak to me unless I ask her a direct question.
Things like - I said, "EL, I'll get The Boy dressed while you're in the shower."
EL's Mom, cutting me off walking down the hall... "Granny likes to dress The Boy..."
Oooooooo-kay. I know I'm probably reading too much into it and all that, but it's still goddamn annoying. She could say, "No, JD, it's OK, I like to." Just ignores me and walks past me instead.
Again, I don't think her mom should be on my "side." This isn't about "sides." It's about her mom knowing our marriage has some problems and that I'm trying really hard to fix them, and she's not making it any easier...keeps putting up the same roadblocks. Refuses to let me go out to breakfast with them, refuses to let me go on vacation with them, etc.
Yes, it's her Mom's vacation and EL just "tags along." But she KNOWS my marriage is in trouble and she KNOWS one of the reasons is me not being there as a father/husband on "family" events. So why is she intentionally having family events and locking me out. Dammit.
It's not like she doesn't get her "space" and time with her mom and stuff without me. I wouldn't want to horn in on their shopping trips, for example. Basically the only thing I asked is if I could go to the breakfast with them, and the vacations. Nope. SLAM.
In other news, my wife is still shopping for "thigh high stockings with garters" online, and now appears to be looking for schoolgirl plaid miniskirts as well. Uh-huh, yeah that's right. Not exactly what a 29 year old wears to work or on a date. A bedroom date, yeah.
So, while yesterday was encouraging, this morning starts out the same. Shitty.
Fact is, she just doesn't love me anymore, it's pretty obvious (I mean, she SAID it bluntly, of course, but what I mean is all the signs and attitude point towards it being true as well, not just words she said for whatever reason...), and she can't, or won't, let herself try to.
So I'm depressed again. I know, I can only keep doing what I'm doing and see what happens, hope for the best, etc. But it sucks.
I'm going back to work tomorrow, I hope I can concentrate on my job...and I hope she doesn't start having nooners in the house while I'm gone. That's not paranoia people, that's one of the little teasy-flirty things I read in their Emails to each other that day.
Well, we still had plans to go out tonight and do something nice, so we'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home