Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Tuesday night. Also uneventful...except that election thing.

Well...another mild day. She was late home from work...and it's weird how she blurts out excuses without me asking. I called her around 5:45 just to see what was up (there was talk this morning about going out to dinner) and if she'd gotten to the polls yet, and she said without the slightest prompting, "My brother stopped by at work I was talking to him."

It's things like that that make me suspicious. She's really BAD at this!

Anyway, you know, the blog doesn't have to be about all that for one night, so enough of that talk. Nothing else happened. She's been nice since she got home...everything is fake-normal.

I didn't go to the lawyer today, they called me to reschedule for tomorrow. I did type up a list of questions so I'm ready.


Work was uneventful, but I'm still finding it hard as ever to get back into my project. I need to start making more progress. I keep asking my manager for a little more support (I AM the new guy on the team after all) in terms of a little daily feedback on goals and things, and I'm not getting any. OH well, I do work well on my own but I need a framework to start with sometimes, this is a whole new job for me...

I voted early this morning, of course. :) Yes, Kerry, all the way. And as the returns begin to trickle in...I'm still confident. I think we have a pretty good shot at this.

I still wonder what would have happened had we been talking about a Dean-Kerry ticket, or Dean-anyone for that matter...but we're not, so no need to dwell on what might've been.

My philosophy is pretty simple...Bush does not deserve another term. If you hired a guy to paint your house, and he did a really shitty job over 2/3rds of it, blamed it on other people, changed his reasons for painting the way he did, and otherwise screwed it up...would you then hire him back to paint the other third? I don't think so. There are many, many other reasons besides "Anybody But Bush" I'm voting for Kerry, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have voted for ANYONE else anyway. I'd have voted for that insane, paranoid little meglomaniac Ross Perot over Bush if he were running...

So, let's all hope for the best here. Florida is looking like it's going Bush, which is very bad - but Pennsylvania and Ohio seem to be Kerry-leaning at this time. This may all change in an hour or less of course, but I'm hopeful. Whoever gets 2 out of 3 of those states will probably win. And it will take a long time to count all the votes in the urban areas of PA and Ohio. The TV is showing some pictures right now of long lines in the Lehigh Valley area of PA (about an hour north of Philadelphia) where I live....like a 3 hour wait. And the vote will be so close...it'll take hours to get any kind of answers.

Anyway, I'm out...not much going on to talk about, sorry for anyone who got kinda addicted to my long rambling posts. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home