Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Ever watch your wife "primp" for a date - that's not with you?

It's really not a fun experience, lying in bed at 7:30 AM, listening to your wife spend an extra-long time on her hair, makeup, outfit...taking an extra-long shower, using a fresh razor for the "big shave", applying perfume which she doesn't wear very often, and so on..saying "bye" like there's absolutely nothing different about the morning than any of the 300-some that have come before it since she started this job.

Well, unless you count the absence of "I love you" after the "bye" part. She dropped that about 2 weeks ago, when she said she "didn't want to say something that isn't true anymore."

I couldn't resist, I said "Bye, have a nice time, please remember you are married." She gave a simple little "ok" to that as she left. Or maybe it was "I know." I don't remember the exact words but the tone was clear, "whatever." Not said with malice, just said with no feeling whatsoever. Like, "Remember, tomorrow is garbage day." "I know." Like that.

All I can say is it's a good thing I have an appointment with my counselor later today, I feel I'm going to need it.

If there is a worse thing for a husband who loves his wife to have to put up with, I don't know what it is. Oh, well, I guess I do at that - seperation, living apart, getting divorced, seeing her in love with and/or marry someone else, etc.


I suppose I've yet to even scratch the SURFACE of the pain that's ahead of me.

Cheery thought, that. Glad I had it so early in the morning. Gonna want to savor that one all day.

A bleak blog entry? You try watching your wife pick out just that right thong before a date with someone else, and see how you feel.


Expect more blog entries tonight around 9 when she's not home yet and I'm wondering where she is and what she's doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fensty said...

I was definitely not feeling too perky right about the time I wrote that, that's for sure.

It's not much better now, but it was easier than I thought it would be, waiting for her.

Then again, I don't know that I WANT it to become easy, I don't WANT to become complacent about it.

I just don't know.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home