I am still alive...
Y'know, for how useful, nay, completely necessary to my sanity and daily functioning this blog once was, it shocks me how quickly I just let it all drop away.
I guess, once I started living a new life via the "acceptance" stage of Ye Olde Five Phases, it just ceased to play a part.
Since then most of the posts have been some variant of, "I'm still alive, what about the rest of you?" "You" being those few people who made an actual connection with me here and exchanged a few emails or whatever.
Well, that's all this is too. I am still alive, still dating Alicia, the Boy is great, EL is still a stupid skank.....but lots of other changes have taken place. New job, new career search being the big ones... Alicia has moved into my home with me and sold her own, and things really are pretty darn good.
All that said, I'm going to start a new blog, because I'm starting a new job this week, and I've learned once that a blog is a great way to deal with changes, plus it's a job that may lead to some fun and funny observations.
Since I'll be blogging all about my new job, which is just that, a "job" versus a career, and the continual career search for a "real" job in my chosen profession...I'll have to stay anonymous. Won't be too good for the current job, even if I don't plan to be there long, to be exposed that way.
So...sorry I can't tell anyone where I'm blogging now. If anyone reads this who was once a regular, well, maybe you can figure it out. Maybe you can even email me and I'll let you know.
If not, just keep reading and browsing new blogs and have fun, and who knows, you might come across me again, or if not, are sure to find some other fun blogs to read.
I'm not sure this is the 100% official "end" of The End of My Marriage blog, but likely, it is.
I guess, once I started living a new life via the "acceptance" stage of Ye Olde Five Phases, it just ceased to play a part.
Since then most of the posts have been some variant of, "I'm still alive, what about the rest of you?" "You" being those few people who made an actual connection with me here and exchanged a few emails or whatever.
Well, that's all this is too. I am still alive, still dating Alicia, the Boy is great, EL is still a stupid skank.....but lots of other changes have taken place. New job, new career search being the big ones... Alicia has moved into my home with me and sold her own, and things really are pretty darn good.
All that said, I'm going to start a new blog, because I'm starting a new job this week, and I've learned once that a blog is a great way to deal with changes, plus it's a job that may lead to some fun and funny observations.
Since I'll be blogging all about my new job, which is just that, a "job" versus a career, and the continual career search for a "real" job in my chosen profession...I'll have to stay anonymous. Won't be too good for the current job, even if I don't plan to be there long, to be exposed that way.
So...sorry I can't tell anyone where I'm blogging now. If anyone reads this who was once a regular, well, maybe you can figure it out. Maybe you can even email me and I'll let you know.
If not, just keep reading and browsing new blogs and have fun, and who knows, you might come across me again, or if not, are sure to find some other fun blogs to read.
I'm not sure this is the 100% official "end" of The End of My Marriage blog, but likely, it is.

3 Comments:
Hey, former "bad" husband....I was reading through the Cary Tennis letters of Salon today and saw the link to your blog. I'm going through my own divorce right now, under similar circumstances to yours (husband cheated, I was willing to try to save the marriage, he was convinced it was over and refused to even TRY).
Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for your blog. If you can believe it, I just sat and read through most of it this afternoon/tonight. I've gone through so many of the same stages that you did, and it was helpful, somehow, to read someone else's experience.
And, I am totally on board about the snooping-- being cheated on messes with your head; sometimes snooping is just self-preservation.
Here's hoping I won't ever be in the position to want to again (as it sounds you are now with Alicia).
This comment has been removed by the author.
Please only retire your blog by blogging elsewhere. I appreciate that this is up here and am glad to be able to refer to it.
Post a Comment
<< Home