Two new entries in a week? Woot!
Yeah, so I guess there's enough happening to talk about. Plus, it IS good therapy, y'know, and seeing as I'm "back in therapy" then why not?
Mortgage broker just left, had an appointment today at 11. Good news, financing should just breeze through - didn't need paystubs, tax returns, anything.
That's amazing when I consider that not even 9 years ago, I was a slacker pizza guy living in his Mom's house, not worried about much more than keeping myself in cheap wine and video games and dating, well, EL (and those that came before her as well, of course...)
So 9 years later I get a mortgage on a nice bi-level home in a nice suburb of a nice Lehigh Valley, PA town without anything more than a credit check and a handshake.
I really don't want to piss that away, now do I? I think that's why I realized it was time to really get my head back on straight and start excelling at my job again rather than just showing up, eh?
S'anyway, I'm not gauche enough to get into financials but I just qualified for an amount of money that would have been staggering to me even 6 or 7 years ago, without a spouse or co-applicant. And it's only about 75% of the equity of the house anyway -- which, if you'll recall, is why I needed to get the loan so badly.
To recap, if I'd not have qualified for my own mortgage, the property agreement says, we have to sell the house and split the cash equally as part of the divorce. But if I do qualify, she'll let me have the house. So, obviously, I'm happy. Sure, closing costs are a bitch and the interest rate is a full point and a half higher than it was when we re-fi'd in 2003, but one way or another I'll have sold the house or re-fi'd again before my 5 year ARM kicks in.
So, we're in the endgame after all. Only other thing I need to do is have my attorney finish up the 401k transfer (EL Skank is only taking 12.5% of the worth of my 401k when of course she'd be entitled to half, so again, I'll give her credit for being fair and honest) and in 2 weeks it'll be closing on the house, and then I'll be done.
Woot. Woot indeed. Long time coming, and who'd have thought back in October '04 with those first few blog entries I'd be happy to have it coming. :) Hell I've got a big grin on my face now just thinking about it.
Mortgage broker just left, had an appointment today at 11. Good news, financing should just breeze through - didn't need paystubs, tax returns, anything.
That's amazing when I consider that not even 9 years ago, I was a slacker pizza guy living in his Mom's house, not worried about much more than keeping myself in cheap wine and video games and dating, well, EL (and those that came before her as well, of course...)
So 9 years later I get a mortgage on a nice bi-level home in a nice suburb of a nice Lehigh Valley, PA town without anything more than a credit check and a handshake.
I really don't want to piss that away, now do I? I think that's why I realized it was time to really get my head back on straight and start excelling at my job again rather than just showing up, eh?
S'anyway, I'm not gauche enough to get into financials but I just qualified for an amount of money that would have been staggering to me even 6 or 7 years ago, without a spouse or co-applicant. And it's only about 75% of the equity of the house anyway -- which, if you'll recall, is why I needed to get the loan so badly.
To recap, if I'd not have qualified for my own mortgage, the property agreement says, we have to sell the house and split the cash equally as part of the divorce. But if I do qualify, she'll let me have the house. So, obviously, I'm happy. Sure, closing costs are a bitch and the interest rate is a full point and a half higher than it was when we re-fi'd in 2003, but one way or another I'll have sold the house or re-fi'd again before my 5 year ARM kicks in.
So, we're in the endgame after all. Only other thing I need to do is have my attorney finish up the 401k transfer (EL Skank is only taking 12.5% of the worth of my 401k when of course she'd be entitled to half, so again, I'll give her credit for being fair and honest) and in 2 weeks it'll be closing on the house, and then I'll be done.
Woot. Woot indeed. Long time coming, and who'd have thought back in October '04 with those first few blog entries I'd be happy to have it coming. :) Hell I've got a big grin on my face now just thinking about it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home