Friday, May 20, 2005

Hmm. So, I did get SOME ironic impact on my anniversary...

That was fast. Child support hearing was just back on 5/11, and I got the order already.

Could have been worse. I'm losing about...hmm....15% off the net takehome of my biweekly check.

-shrug-

Happy Anniversary. LOL.

I can afford it, so I'm not really bitching. I DO worry what will happen when (I don't say "if" anymore) I lose my job, though. I am really burnt out there, not really performing for shit, taking 4x longer to get things done than is proper, and I just can't summon the energy to care. All in all a bad combination.

I can afford 15% off my takehome right now, but if my takehome drops to half what it is now, I'll be living in a fuckin' cardboard box.

Not sure if I ever explained this, but while I have a pretty well paying job, I'm a self-made person, worked up from the $10/hour level. When this job tanks, I'm not going to get another one that pays this. I have no degree in what I do. Experience counts, but not enough to get me even 70% of what I'm earning now. This could get ugly.

Does it cut both ways, I wonder, though....if EL Skanke loses/quits her job, she doesn't get to cry poor and get more support, does she? Have to ask that. Doesn't seem fair, if so.

OK well enough bitching. This also was funny, a friend sent me our Capricorn horoscope for the day - not that I put anything in THAT, but it's amusting anyway - and there was something in there about it being a good day to sign a contract, and also, "It's a great day to get married!"

(When I see shit like that, I figure, the horoscope writer has a friend getting married today...)

Anyway, made my deadline at work at least. Took an all-nighter to do it, but, it's done. Got decent reviews in walkthrough, too. So it ain't all bad.

1 Comments:

Blogger Everything Nice said...

JD - Yes, if El Skanko's job tanks she can cry poor and ask for a modified support order, thus getting more money. However, you do have the ability to contest.

I have been a reader for quite some time... ever since you were a bad husband. I have been through a divorce for all the wrong reasons, mainly my ex couldn't keep his dick to himself. For that matter, he couldn't keep it to me either. I left him when my son was 2 almost 3, he (my son) is ten years old now...

Anytime you want to get together and give each other spankings, let me know.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home