Wow. The 'blog is back/fixed... Bet you thought I was gone for good, eh?
Well, what do you know.
I really don't have time to update, but, the blog was totally fucking hosed-blown for the last month or so.
I could write posts, and hit publish, and they'd kinda/sorta save...but I couldn't republish the index, so, nothing ever updated.
I kept getting the ever-so-helpful error, "There were errors. Contact Blogger support."
Which I would do, only to receive the form letter back saying, "Sorry, we can't read all Emails, so here are some self-help references..."
Dude. I WRITE curriculum to train technical support people. I think I know how to read a known issues list before I complain. I think I know how to do my own homework, etc...
So anyway, I emailed them 2 or 3 times, never got anything but the form response.
Finally today, on a break, I decided to take the shotgun approach. I changed almost every blog setting, and voila...now I can publish.
I dunno if it was the template, or the # of posts on the main page, or the quick links, or the edit link, or the header, or the little hit counter, or what the hell the problem was, but it appears to be fixed.
Scroll down, you can read a post I tried to put up like a month ago. :)
I do NOT have time to update now, suffice to say all is mainly well. But now that it's working again, I'll try to pop in an update tonight.
Divorce very close to final. I'm betting the property settlement will be signed/notarized any day now. Irony might be if it's done on 5/20, as that is (I'd say 'would have been" but technically we're still married) our 5th anniversary. LOL.
To address the main points that always seemed of interest: Skank is still skankin' as far as I know. I really don't bother spying at all anymore, which is one reason the blog got so boring... Oh, and I haven't told the guy's wife anything yet, either.
OK other updates will have to wait 'till later.
But, as you see, I ain't dead.
I really don't have time to update, but, the blog was totally fucking hosed-blown for the last month or so.
I could write posts, and hit publish, and they'd kinda/sorta save...but I couldn't republish the index, so, nothing ever updated.
I kept getting the ever-so-helpful error, "There were errors. Contact Blogger support."
Which I would do, only to receive the form letter back saying, "Sorry, we can't read all Emails, so here are some self-help references..."
Dude. I WRITE curriculum to train technical support people. I think I know how to read a known issues list before I complain. I think I know how to do my own homework, etc...
So anyway, I emailed them 2 or 3 times, never got anything but the form response.
Finally today, on a break, I decided to take the shotgun approach. I changed almost every blog setting, and voila...now I can publish.
I dunno if it was the template, or the # of posts on the main page, or the quick links, or the edit link, or the header, or the little hit counter, or what the hell the problem was, but it appears to be fixed.
Scroll down, you can read a post I tried to put up like a month ago. :)
I do NOT have time to update now, suffice to say all is mainly well. But now that it's working again, I'll try to pop in an update tonight.
Divorce very close to final. I'm betting the property settlement will be signed/notarized any day now. Irony might be if it's done on 5/20, as that is (I'd say 'would have been" but technically we're still married) our 5th anniversary. LOL.
To address the main points that always seemed of interest: Skank is still skankin' as far as I know. I really don't bother spying at all anymore, which is one reason the blog got so boring... Oh, and I haven't told the guy's wife anything yet, either.
OK other updates will have to wait 'till later.
But, as you see, I ain't dead.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home