Sunday, March 06, 2005

See What Happens When I Stop Spying?


See? When I stop spying on EL, hell, there's nothing to write about! :)

I've also had The Boy with me since Wednesday night (we jiggled our schedule a bit last week and this coming) and that's had me a bit busy, plus other stuff, but in the main, the less interest I have in being nosy, the less there is to talk about.

I think an Email commenter said it well, by the way - a lot of people reading this probably have a very strange idea of my "obsession" with my ex-wife and spying and so forth. I spend about 5 minutes a day or less doing stuff like that, maybe 10 minutes thinking about it, and another 5 writing a blog entry. But since that's all you read about in my entries, well, it may appear to be an all-consuming pasttime.

Regardless tho, I pretty much lost interest. I THINK it's because I realized based on her E-Harmony expedition of emailing a guy Tuesday, chatting online Wednesday, and letting him spend the night at her place fucking (and then bragging about it to people) on Thursday night, well, it's obviously a pattern in her life now, a new way of doing things and a "new EL" so - screw it, her problem, not mine.


So, probably be less first-hand EL knowledge these days.


Other things are going splendidly. RHA and I continue to have a nice developing relationship. So far I've met exactly ONE person who really read me the riot act (as a friend) and said I was crazy for getting in so deep so soon, I was cruising for a major heartbreak, why would I do that to myself, etc. I can only say - I'm aware it's possible, so I'll have no-one to blame but myself if it happens, but I can't really deny what I feel or how I feel right now, or how great things seem to be.

However, as always, I took what parts of his advice I found to be most useful...he kept saying, "You don't need a girlfriend, you need a hobby. You need to learn how to live alone again."

Good points, really. So of course, there are NO INTENTIONS WHATSOEVER of RHA and I living together anytime even remotely soon. The craziest, wildest fantasy we sometimes talk about when we're all romantic-schmoopie, is to say that maybe come Fall, I'd take on a 2rd roommate, and move into her house with her full time (assuming that's wise with The Boy, which it might not be) and keep just one small bedroom in my house here for myself and The Boy combined. Again, just a crazy fantasy and not all that likely from a legal/custody standpoint anyway. But certainly neither of us would give up our home completely at any point.

No, the main thing I sorta felt was a really good thing to say was, "Get a hobby."

I already joined a Gold's Gym, they've got two sites here and are building a HUGE 3rd site that's actually a tiny bit closer than the other two to me (like 10 minutes away instead of 12) and I got a special deal on membership and signup fees from my company. (I have a great company, which I've never outright mentioned here but many people may have guessed, that has all kinds of really sweet deals with various nationwide companies for things. The plan pricing I get on Ford vehicles, for example, is gonna really help me out when I buy that 2006 Mustang GT 'vert in a year or two... :) ) Actually my company was voted one of the 30 best places to work in my "metro area" just this week, for whatever that's worth. So anyway, it's a great place and we get lots of morale-boosting bennies.

Haven't posted on the diet lately, but as expected, it pretty much levelled off at the 60lbs loss mark. That's all I'm gonna get from flat out dieting, so the exercise program should get the metabolism burnin' again and take me down that last 30lbs or so. I've also let more normal food habits back into my life - still mainly only eat fruit and "good" foods, stay off the fried stuff, the cheese, and the red meats, but I've let some snacking back in here and there and that kinda thing. Still under 2000 calories a day though, that's my mark nowadays. Don't wanna get into that "Famine" mode where everything just goes right to fat anyway.


So anyway, another hobby...probably gonna get off my ass and finally learn to play the violin. That's been a weird desire of mine for awhile. I mean like for 10 years or so I was like, "yeah, someday, I'd like to play the violin" and then about a year ago for no apparent reason I bought an old student violin off Ebay for like $50 and said I'd sign up for lessons somewhere. I know I'll never be "great" or maybe even "good" but I'd settle for being able to fiddle away a little bit now and then. :) So, I need to get that signed up sometime within the next week or two. I hemmed and hawed about the gym for like a month before getting around to it - that's no way to start a new life, eh?

So between social life, RHA, getting my house into some kind of shape, going to the gym, practicing the occasional fiddle lesson, and most importantly being Daddy to The Boy, I think I'll have a good well-rounded set of pasttimes that should keep me out of trouble. :)

Really, not much else going on worth making an entry over. Even this entry was boring. :)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Play the violin :-) I started learning in 4th grade and at one point I was serious about going into music performance. I didn't, but there have been few things in my life that have opened as many doors for me to new people, new experiences and plain-out joy. I hope you go through with it and I hope that you love it.

-- Barbara

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Play the violin :-) I started learning in 4th grade and at one point I was serious about going into music performance. I didn't, but there have been few things in my life that have opened as many doors for me to new people, new experiences and plain-out joy. I hope you go through with it and I hope that you love it.

-- Barbara

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you JD. This is all good stuff... and in response to your friend.. you know what? He could be right, you could get your heart broken... but wouldn't it all be worth it anyway??? hehe

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I know, your company bought, I mean Won, the JDP&A award. LMAO

TC,
D

4:32 PM  
Blogger Fensty said...

Hah. We win ALL the awards. So, put that in your corncob pipe and smoke it, D!

And, awhile back you told me to Email you but I don't have your address anymore! WAAAAH! It seems to have scrolled off my email. :) Send me something!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Fensty said...

Hah. We win ALL the awards. So, put that in your corncob pipe and smoke it, D!

And, awhile back you told me to Email you but I don't have your address anymore! WAAAAH! It seems to have scrolled off my email. :) Send me something!!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I'm very proud of you & extremely happy for you and your new love. Best wishes. A.O.F. (An Old Friend)

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home