Sunday, April 17, 2005

So what's new...

Well, life goes on. Obviously, I've mellowed to the point where a daily blog/rant isn't needed anymore.

Occasional stupid shit still happens with EL, but I don't really get bent about it anymore. Just don't care.

She's messed up, of course, but I've finally accepted that it's just....Not. My. Problem.


I maintain again - if I'd not spied on her as I did, as much as I did, I might actually be stupid enough now to get back with her. Not that she's asked, luckily (since I don't want to turn her down, and piss her off at me) for me. She DID make that weird apology overture a couple weeks back, but it wasn't repeated.

Although, last week we had this chat were she was saying we shouldn't just pick up/drop off The Boy at each other's house or her parents', but instead should meet on weekends doing some sort of "family thing" w/the 3 of us, and then he'd go home with the other parent.

Yeah, I'm niave, I was like "ok whatever" just wanting things to be smooth. It took other people pointing it out to me to make me realize that was probably her way of wanting to get some time in front of me, either to mess with my head, or, to try and "get back together."

Which ain't happening.

I don't do even the most minimal spying on her anymore by the way. It finally wore off, but, as I've said before - it also makes the blog a lot less interesting and that's probably why nobody reads/comments anymore. :)

I just got back from a weeklong bix trip out west, it was nice to be home, The Boy was glad to see me and I was glad to see him, we had a fun day today...


Cleaning my house continues apace...several rooms now spotless, waiting for me to rent a carpet shampooer.

Roommate situation all fell flat, no takers, but I'm managing and next month my car is paid off which is another $300/mo for me, that will make the difference.

Legally, we're down to the fine print - the property agreement was done, but there were some wording difficulties and she'd neglected to list my stocks/options (though she DID list HERs!) as an itemized list, so, we sent that back. I don't anticipate any problems though so as soon as that paper comes back and is signed, as far as I'm concerned, it's over.

The custody stipulation is signed and notarized. Basically, it's 50/50 physical and legal custody, with all the standard boilerplate. Other than Christmas, his birthday, and Mother's Day/Fathers's Day, we didn't bother listing any particular details beyond, "JD gets him M/T nights, EL W/Th/Fr nights, and we alternate weekends." So, many thanks to, I forget who (the fathers' rights advocate?) gave me that suggestion.

Once that property agreement is signed, I'd be free to finally tell the other guy's wife, or her family, or otherwise fuck up her world...but...LOL, as I expected, I just don't give a shit anymore. I still think the poor OG's wife should know, but, I doubt I'll tell her now, 'cuz I just don't care.

Also, the stupid twit EL has put in the property agreement the standard boilerplate, "both parties have already divided material posessions to their mutual satisfaction."

Except, we haven't. ALL her goddamn shit is still in the house, with the exception of the furniture she took, and the clothes I bagged up and dropped on her...all her knicknacky crap, wall stuff like pics/framed prints/posters....tons of kitchenware/silverware/cooking supplies/tablewear, garage full of stuff...etc. All still here. I've asked her THREE TIMES to come take what she wants, or at least, make a list of what she wants to take at a later date, and she hasn't.

So, fuck her, once that paper's signed, what I want (Disney knick-nacks, Xmas ornaments, etc.) I'm keeping, and the rest is going on the curb...I guess I'll have my lawyer send her a letter with an ultimatum date, "pick up by XXX or it'll be given to charity/garbage." I want this shit outta my place...

RHA says it shows EL is still in denial about everything....I think she's just lazy/doesn't care...but either way, I want it gone.


Changed medications - the Prozac never seemed to do shit, and, had annoying side effects (though, not the usual "sexual side effects" I'm glad to say... ;) ) so I made my doc drop that and put me on Wellbutrin, which helps ADD as well as appetite and antidepressant. Seems to be making a difference that I like....and all the side effects are quite beneficial, actually.....

The Boy continues to be fine, none of this has made much impression on him, so that's good.


I think that's it. Oh, the RHA thing is still fine and dandy. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Chickie said...

When my ex and I divorced he wouldn't come get his things either. I think it was just too much "closure" for him. So I put all the crap I felt like carrying out of the house in a box and tossed it out on his lawn. In hindsight, I wish it had been flaming as it landed.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

On the subject of doing things as a family and then having the Boy go home with one of you...

You are so right, she is just trying to find a way to make you think "wow, we could be like this all the time" and it will just end up confusing your kiddo.

It looks like your life is definately on the upswing! Congratulations!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home