Interesting milestone. And some ramble...ok, a lotta ramble...
Don't misunderstand...my posting this might seem like it bugs me, or I protest it doesn't bug me but subconciously it does, but...really...as far as I can tell on any level, it doesn't, but it IS an interesting milestone...
This woulda been my 5th wedding anniversary. :) Well actually it still is, as we're not divorced yet, but, might as well be.
I was kinda hoping the property agreement at least would have been done this week so I could have gone in and signed that today, but, her lawyer sucks too bad and hasn't gotten the simplest little revision done and to mine yet.
Another funny moment was last week in the courthouse for the child support conference - maybe I already blogged this I don't recall - but at one point EL made a comment about the construction going on at the courthouse, and both attorneys were like, "Oh yeah, it's really annoying, but only if you come here as often as we do."
To which I made some offhand comment about, yeah, let's HOPE the average person doesn't spend a lot of time there. (It's the county government center, county jail, etc. all rolled into one. Not a place you wanna have to be at a lot, y'know?)
Well on the way out, it occurred to me - the LAST time I was there, was the day El Skank and I got our marriage license. :)
And, I ALSO got my CCW permit at the same time. I always thought that was a little amusing, y'know, that I got the paper giving us the marriage permit and the permit to carry a handgun at the same time.
It didn't occur to me 'till later that week that - ooops! - that meant that my CCW Permit had expired. Funny thing, it was almost 5 years to the day - permit expired on 5/12 and the conference was on 5/11...meaning I musta got the permit/marriage license on 5/11/00.
Funny thing, life, eh?
Anyway, scary thing was I didn't check that 'till 5/13, meaning I'd been illegally carrying for 3 days. PROBABLY a cop would've given me the benefit of the doubt if I'd been pulled over or something, 'cuz I would have just handed over the permit without even thinking about it, and only AFTER the cop noticed (if he even did) it was expired would I realize I probably could have just said nothing and been fine. But you don't mess around with cops and CCW, if ya get pulled over carrying, you damn well hand that permit over and tell the cop you're packing... Not that I get pulled over often, twice in the 10 years I've had the CCW I think.
Wish I'd thought of it at the time, I'd have stopped down to the Sherriff's office and renewed the CCW while I was there for the support conference.
That woulda been some weird bookend-closure, eh? Only thing that would have been better, like I said, is if today woulda been the day we'd have signed the property agreement.
It may yet be the day RHA gets -her- divorce decree int he mail, she's been expecting it for like a month. At least that would have a tiny bit of amusing irony to it. :)
More amusing developments w/El Skank this week, but I'll have to blog it later. Suffice to say she freaked out because she found out I was emailing The Other Guy from a fake email account, messing with his mind. Dunno if I'd ever blogged that either, that was a few months ago, hadn't even botheredin the last 2 months but the whole "did you still want to try counselling?" conversation had popped it back into the front of my thought processes, so I'd renewed my mindfuck on him earlier this week. Sent an email to the address he pretends is his wife's but that he actually checks all the time. So I knew I was actually sending it to HIM, but I wrote, "Hey, OGWife, you don't know me, and this isn't a joke or anything, we need to talk about something important...can you email me back so I know you are really OG's Wife, before I get into details?" LOL. I KNEW he would read it, and he'd freak thinking I was finally going to rat him out. :)
BUT...He freaked, went to EL, threatened her job, scared her, and ironically, ALSO offered her money if she'd talk to me, and offered ME money (that is, told her to tell me he'd give me money) to leave it alone, etc. Bizarre, eh?
And if I'm not mistaken, that's gotta be illegal, isn't it? Soliciting to bribe like that? Or between private individuals is that not a crime? (Sara? 'lil pro bono here?? :) )
So anyway, poor thing, I actually pitied her...he had her all freaked out, and she called me threatening to "call it all off and go after everything, JD, unless you sign a nondisclosure agreement!" (yeah right) But funny thing was, I calmed her down by explaining I never had any intention (I really don't, anymore) of telling his wife but I KNEW he'd read that email, and that she needed to realize if she'd broken off the affair, and he was threatening her job (thru work email again, of course, what a moron...) then SHE could get HIM fired in a heartbeat, have him on civil charges, the whole deal. By the end of the convo, it was funny, I had her totally plotting to fuck him over worse than I ever would have.
What a jerk. Really.
Oh, and he told her that he and his wife were planning to start a family. Ugh. I really think she SHOULD tell his wife, but obviously, I'm layin' low again and not stirring up that pot anymore. Once the agreement is signed, though, I think I will call the fucker up and spell it out for him...tell his wife, or I will, and try to get him to put his offer of "hush money" in written/email form, and then explain the facts of life to him - tell his wife, leave EL Skank alone, or I'd blow it all outta the water - the harrassment at work, the affair to his wife, and the bribery to the police. (again, if that' seven illegal, I gotta ask my lawyer next session we have.)
Hmm did I say I'd blog about it later? That's pretty much it. I'm in a hurry and probably rambling/more disjointed than normal, so may think of more details to add later.
Suffice it to say, it wasn't worth riling up EL Skank about it all, so I just got her to realize I was actually on her side where fucking with OG's life was concerned....was kinda funny, she admitted some pretty stupid things to me that she shouldn't have.
Saddest thing of all, most telling of her self esteem point of view, and I don't think she even realized when she said this what she was REALLY saying, but when I told her that I knew someother people he dated, and mentioned them by name (remember, RHA's close friend worked there with EL and OG at the same place) she said, "Yeah, that sounds like his type, fat and ugly...." and she laughed, and said, "he's such a loser, that's what he goes after."
Yeah, EL. Whatever you say.
I MUST be making some nice mental progress, because I didn't even point out the obvious about that statement, just let it roll by.
Poor, stupid EL. NOW do you all still think I'm just a smug bastard for having pity and contempt for her? Yeah, she might have a problem with my "superior attitude" at times, but the fact is in this case, that I think my feelings of condescending pity towards here are valid.
Blah, I'm really rambling. Should point out I've been up on an all-nighter at work here, publishing deadline is at 3PM EST...6 1/2 hours from now. I've been here since 11am Thursday, it's 7:30AM Friday now. :) Good thing I rarely drink coffee, 'cuz that means it works for me when I need it to.
Plus, it helps to be on Concerta for the ADD, 'cuz I don't take it on weekends, which means I always have a few extra doses to use on days/nights like this. :)
(Concerta = time released Ritalin. Perfect stay-awake drug really...low impact, low dose slowly released over 8 hours, just enough to keep you from wanting to sleep, but not enough to make ya all speedy. Any rambling in this post is caused by fatigue, not speed. :) )
So, ok, off to finish my documents. Happy Friday, all...
This woulda been my 5th wedding anniversary. :) Well actually it still is, as we're not divorced yet, but, might as well be.
I was kinda hoping the property agreement at least would have been done this week so I could have gone in and signed that today, but, her lawyer sucks too bad and hasn't gotten the simplest little revision done and to mine yet.
Another funny moment was last week in the courthouse for the child support conference - maybe I already blogged this I don't recall - but at one point EL made a comment about the construction going on at the courthouse, and both attorneys were like, "Oh yeah, it's really annoying, but only if you come here as often as we do."
To which I made some offhand comment about, yeah, let's HOPE the average person doesn't spend a lot of time there. (It's the county government center, county jail, etc. all rolled into one. Not a place you wanna have to be at a lot, y'know?)
Well on the way out, it occurred to me - the LAST time I was there, was the day El Skank and I got our marriage license. :)
And, I ALSO got my CCW permit at the same time. I always thought that was a little amusing, y'know, that I got the paper giving us the marriage permit and the permit to carry a handgun at the same time.
It didn't occur to me 'till later that week that - ooops! - that meant that my CCW Permit had expired. Funny thing, it was almost 5 years to the day - permit expired on 5/12 and the conference was on 5/11...meaning I musta got the permit/marriage license on 5/11/00.
Funny thing, life, eh?
Anyway, scary thing was I didn't check that 'till 5/13, meaning I'd been illegally carrying for 3 days. PROBABLY a cop would've given me the benefit of the doubt if I'd been pulled over or something, 'cuz I would have just handed over the permit without even thinking about it, and only AFTER the cop noticed (if he even did) it was expired would I realize I probably could have just said nothing and been fine. But you don't mess around with cops and CCW, if ya get pulled over carrying, you damn well hand that permit over and tell the cop you're packing... Not that I get pulled over often, twice in the 10 years I've had the CCW I think.
Wish I'd thought of it at the time, I'd have stopped down to the Sherriff's office and renewed the CCW while I was there for the support conference.
That woulda been some weird bookend-closure, eh? Only thing that would have been better, like I said, is if today woulda been the day we'd have signed the property agreement.
It may yet be the day RHA gets -her- divorce decree int he mail, she's been expecting it for like a month. At least that would have a tiny bit of amusing irony to it. :)
More amusing developments w/El Skank this week, but I'll have to blog it later. Suffice to say she freaked out because she found out I was emailing The Other Guy from a fake email account, messing with his mind. Dunno if I'd ever blogged that either, that was a few months ago, hadn't even botheredin the last 2 months but the whole "did you still want to try counselling?" conversation had popped it back into the front of my thought processes, so I'd renewed my mindfuck on him earlier this week. Sent an email to the address he pretends is his wife's but that he actually checks all the time. So I knew I was actually sending it to HIM, but I wrote, "Hey, OGWife, you don't know me, and this isn't a joke or anything, we need to talk about something important...can you email me back so I know you are really OG's Wife, before I get into details?" LOL. I KNEW he would read it, and he'd freak thinking I was finally going to rat him out. :)
BUT...He freaked, went to EL, threatened her job, scared her, and ironically, ALSO offered her money if she'd talk to me, and offered ME money (that is, told her to tell me he'd give me money) to leave it alone, etc. Bizarre, eh?
And if I'm not mistaken, that's gotta be illegal, isn't it? Soliciting to bribe like that? Or between private individuals is that not a crime? (Sara? 'lil pro bono here?? :) )
So anyway, poor thing, I actually pitied her...he had her all freaked out, and she called me threatening to "call it all off and go after everything, JD, unless you sign a nondisclosure agreement!" (yeah right) But funny thing was, I calmed her down by explaining I never had any intention (I really don't, anymore) of telling his wife but I KNEW he'd read that email, and that she needed to realize if she'd broken off the affair, and he was threatening her job (thru work email again, of course, what a moron...) then SHE could get HIM fired in a heartbeat, have him on civil charges, the whole deal. By the end of the convo, it was funny, I had her totally plotting to fuck him over worse than I ever would have.
What a jerk. Really.
Oh, and he told her that he and his wife were planning to start a family. Ugh. I really think she SHOULD tell his wife, but obviously, I'm layin' low again and not stirring up that pot anymore. Once the agreement is signed, though, I think I will call the fucker up and spell it out for him...tell his wife, or I will, and try to get him to put his offer of "hush money" in written/email form, and then explain the facts of life to him - tell his wife, leave EL Skank alone, or I'd blow it all outta the water - the harrassment at work, the affair to his wife, and the bribery to the police. (again, if that' seven illegal, I gotta ask my lawyer next session we have.)
Hmm did I say I'd blog about it later? That's pretty much it. I'm in a hurry and probably rambling/more disjointed than normal, so may think of more details to add later.
Suffice it to say, it wasn't worth riling up EL Skank about it all, so I just got her to realize I was actually on her side where fucking with OG's life was concerned....was kinda funny, she admitted some pretty stupid things to me that she shouldn't have.
Saddest thing of all, most telling of her self esteem point of view, and I don't think she even realized when she said this what she was REALLY saying, but when I told her that I knew someother people he dated, and mentioned them by name (remember, RHA's close friend worked there with EL and OG at the same place) she said, "Yeah, that sounds like his type, fat and ugly...." and she laughed, and said, "he's such a loser, that's what he goes after."
Yeah, EL. Whatever you say.
I MUST be making some nice mental progress, because I didn't even point out the obvious about that statement, just let it roll by.
Poor, stupid EL. NOW do you all still think I'm just a smug bastard for having pity and contempt for her? Yeah, she might have a problem with my "superior attitude" at times, but the fact is in this case, that I think my feelings of condescending pity towards here are valid.
Blah, I'm really rambling. Should point out I've been up on an all-nighter at work here, publishing deadline is at 3PM EST...6 1/2 hours from now. I've been here since 11am Thursday, it's 7:30AM Friday now. :) Good thing I rarely drink coffee, 'cuz that means it works for me when I need it to.
Plus, it helps to be on Concerta for the ADD, 'cuz I don't take it on weekends, which means I always have a few extra doses to use on days/nights like this. :)
(Concerta = time released Ritalin. Perfect stay-awake drug really...low impact, low dose slowly released over 8 hours, just enough to keep you from wanting to sleep, but not enough to make ya all speedy. Any rambling in this post is caused by fatigue, not speed. :) )
So, ok, off to finish my documents. Happy Friday, all...

5 Comments:
Hmmm JD, I don't really know if he can do that or not. I think off the top of my head that bribery might be legal in the context you're talking about... bribing a police officer, a court, a judge, someone like that... not legal. Something like "If you don't tell my wife I'll give you $30 or paying someone for a table at a restaurant or something, not sure." I'll look it up for you though and let you know, now I'm a little curious.
Always up for learning something new.
SW
heh. NOT that I would take the guy's dirty money, but, what if I DID take it, and then told his wife anyway? If there was no contract, etc...
What a moron. :) It would be kinda funny to take his money, then give it to his wife when I told her. :)
Well... taking the money would be a contract...
Offer, acceptance, consideration... Contracts don't have to be written, just harder to prove when they aren't.
So, there's the potential he could sue you! HAH! That'd be a fun court case.
However, the court can't enforce an illegal contract... so...
SW
It's funny. The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't mind taking his money (offered $5000, you believe that?) as it would pretty much cover my legal bills, and buy me a new bedroom set... :)
I'm SURE I won't, any more than I would do any of the other terrible things I've mused about in here from time to time, but still, it's all kinda tempting.
I'd feel dirty, though.
But yeah, could you imagine that one, "Yeah, your Honor (do you call 'em that in Canada?) I paid him $5000 not to tell my wife I had an affair, and he reneged, so I want my money back. Um, wait, I just admitted under oath I had an affair, eh? Damn."
Yeah we call them Your Honour, except with a U... takes us a fraction of a second longer to say it.
SW
Post a Comment
<< Home