Monday, January 02, 2006

2006? Get the hell out...


Has it really been over a year...amazing. I wanted to pop in here back around the middle of October, that being the 1 year anniversary of the blog, and throw a post, but I just never got the time.

Incredible when you consider how I blogged 4-5 times a day back in the worst of it all, eh? And now, I haven't posted at all since summer, more or less.


It's just because things are now boring and regular. There's just no drama anymore, no angst, etc.

Oh, I'm still depressed from time to time, the holiday were especially frustrating for Alicia (yeah, RHA's name is Alicia. I think I'm tired of all the fake name crap, and since the blog never did become an issue in my divorce or anything, screw it, I'm done with that...) because I have never much been one for holidays anyway, and this year was a mess.

But, not because I was depressed over my divorce or anything like that. It was just my usual holiday depression and anxiety....but it was difficult for her anyway. We're fine again now though, and I'll be more careful next year.


DIvorce-wise things are still in neutral. All the agreements and stuff are done, though EL (I'll stick with "EL" and "The Boy" for now) hasn't signed hers yet, her lawyer is holding her hostage and refusing to let her sign/notarize the agreement and file it until she pays in full. Nice lawyer, eh? So EL is trying to get me to pay her some money that the agreement says I'll pay her once signed, saying she can't afford to pay her lawyer. I basically said, "Sounds like you're in a catch-22 there eh, EL? I'm not paying you 'till you sign it, because I don't have to pay you 'till then...."

Dunno where that'll lead, but anyway, it's getting close to over...once she signs, it's filed and that's it, we go for the final decree. Also of course at that point I'll start applying for mortgages and financing to see if I'm going to be able to get this house; if I do get my own financing then it's mine, if I don't, we'll have to sell and I have to give her half the profits, so obviously I do NOT want that to happen....I'm hoping like hell I'll get the mortgage...


The Boy came through Christmas just fine, got lots of presents and contiues to be happy and well adjusted thru all this stuff.

The Boy, Alicia and I are going to Disney for vacation next week, that'll be pretty cool...will visit my Dad in Naples, FL while we're down there as well, so that'll be good for The Boy - he hasn't seen my dad and his wife for almost a year now.


I no longer know much about what EL is up to nor do I care. I think that's kinda funny, so many people here used to comment about how "obsessed" I was with her and her stupid escapades, and warned me I'd never get over it, etc, etc....basically I just got tired of giving a shit sometime in February and that was that.

Oh, well, ok now I'll give the lie to that last statement and say that I did notice that the Other Guy's wife seems to have left him....big surprise, eh? I know this not thru any weird freaky spying though, don't worry, just from the fact that I happened to see his wife's picture in the Yahoo! personal ads! LOL! (And no, I wasn't looking for a date, remember, I"ve been dating Alicia now for almost a year, nah, it was just that for some reason 2 months ago Yahoo! started sending me "People in your area that match your profile" or something like that, and there she was...hehe


So, I admit that DID rekindle the "hmm, should I tell her what her scummy husband was up to last year?" debate in my head, but, as always, I'm not gonna worry about it. I guess I stopped giving a shit about that, too. Though, once my divorce is final, I still DO plan to call the Other Guy and just tell him man-to-man how I knew all along the stupid shit he was up to and how I have his life in the palm of my hand. I enjoy the idea of making him sweat a little even now.

But, that's all the drama on that score, and really I don't care. I hadn't thought of any of that for a few months or so 'till I saw his wife's personal ad and it got me thinking again.


On other fronts, work is fine, my relationships are fine, family stuff is all good, and like I said The Boy is still healthy, happy, and adjusting fine to everything. He and Alicia just love each other to death and all that, so it's great.

I did end up getting a roommate - a friend from work - who's a nice quiet guy, gets along OK with everyone, and that helps with the mortgage and bills a bit. He's cool, I actually hope for his sake I DO get my mortgage so I don't have to sell the house out from under him - he's also recently divorced, much more amicably than mine though, no kids/no property in his marriage so really it's just the emotional heartache for him and his ex, none of the material pains in the ass. My house is big enough we don't get in each other's way, and I stay over at ALicia's half the time anyway. He had two friends over for a week (his girlfriend from CA and her friend) and even with all of us here it was no biggie.

(Before anyone says anything odd, his two friends are both nannies (excuse me, the more snooty "au pere" is more appropriate, I guess, but I'm not sure I spell that correctly...heh) for rich snobs out on the west coast, so I considered them "safe" to stay here for a week, and it's not like The Boy is ever home when I'm not...)

So, yeah, life goes on, I'm sometimes surprised at how quickly everything sorta worked itself out. I know - I myself had some skepticism that the Alicia thing wasn't just a "rebound" or that I was in denial about things, or whatever -- but I guess none of that turned out to be true in the end. I guess I did just move on easily once I realized it was going to be the way it was going to be, and that's that.


I hope all of my "regulars" for awhile there, who were all in your own divorces and stuff, are doin' ok as well....sorry I just don't blog anymore, as much as I WANT to, there's always something else around to demand the time I used to spend on blog posts.

A post a month is probably optimistic at this point.


Anyway, hope everyone has a happy healthy and fun 2006!

JD the BH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home