Saturday, January 01, 2005

Start the New Year right...

Donate a couple bucks, hey, even $5 would be great. People in these countries earn a few hundred dollars a year...

I stole this section from This Modern World, which stole it from Kos :

American Red Cross International Response Fund

AmeriCares South Asia Earthquake Relief Fund

Direct Relief International International Assistance Fund

Médecins Sans Frontières International Tsunami Emergency Appeal

Oxfam Asian Earthquake & Tsunami Fund

Sarvodaya Relief Fund for Tsunami Tragedy

UNICEF South Asia Tsunami Relief Efforts



Personally, I chose Doctors Without Borders, as I really like their outlook/approach.


Don't want to donate? OK, then look at this picture...those things that look like store mannequins? They're not...




(click for the full image if you are somehow still heartless enough not to at least donate $1 on your freakin' credit card to ONE of those charities!)



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, what a horrific picture. I'm so glad my company does matching donations. They even dropped the minimum donation from $50 to $25 for tsunami relief so more people can participate. Yay Gannett :-)

-- Barbara

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's taken this post to your blog to get me to finally comment. Honestly, I've been reading for days tryin to get caught up on what's been goin on in your life. At times crying and at others laughin my ass off. A lot of what you and your wife have been goin through parallel's with what I went through almost 2 years ago.

But I wasn't posting to get into that. I just wanted to thank you for posting this pic. Even though it is horribly grotesque, it's the kind of thing they WON'T show anywhere else. I had a couple of acquaintences who didn't seem to get the extreme extent of what happened. Now maybe they will.

Thank you :)

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home