Midweek Update...
The pace of blogging is definitely off, eh?
I find as there's less angst, there's less to write about.
EL is continuing to move out. We have yet to argue over anything major she wants to take with her, though she seems to think ANYTHING she EVER bought or paid for is automatically hers. As she's the one who's mother is paying for everything, and I'm the one trying to scrape by and stay in the house, I have a slightly different angle. I think the things we need two of - baby stuff mostly - should be paid for by HER, not me. Other than that though, there's really not much to argue and she knows that.
Is it wrong of me to refuse to help her move? Seems petty and childish, but dammit, why should I bust my ass moving furniture out of my house into her apartment? But watching her father, who's in his late 50's and only about 5'4 140#, move all this heavy crap on Tuesday I couldn't help it and helped him move some of the heaviest things out to his van.
I was pretty pissed at EL for making him do all that, I asked why she didn't call the Other Guy and have HIM help. She shot me the typical dirty look and didn't like it much when I offered to call him for her. (Her dad knows nothing about that of course...I didn't say it in front of him, but when he came back in I did keep up the convo in front of him, like, "EL, are you sure? I could call him right now, I've got his # here, I'm sure he'd help out...")
I was dressed to go out on Tuesday, had a date with "B" but she stood me up. How nice, eh? Just what my confidence needs right now. No idea why, this was another Internet personal ad date, we've talked on the phone and chatted, everything seemed fine, both have a similiar sense of humor, work similiar jobs, etc...overall seemed like a no-brainer no-pressure dinner date that would at least be enjoyable for us both no matter what. But she didn't call me when she was supposed to, didn't call me back when I left messages or text messages to her phone. -shrug-
No idea why. Depressing, and I admit, for my own dignity's sake I left the house anyway before my wife returned from her apartment so she wouldn't know I didn't go out. Silly, but again, my dignity was at stake.
I ended up calling "Punky" for awhile, and hanging out at Border's where I've got a WiFi hotspot I can surf on. LOL, yes, a geek! Punky and I are getting together on New Year's Eve (which is also my birthday, by the way...) and so that'll be a nice evening. I think I didn't even blog it but we've had another date in between here somewhere and it was also a very nice evening.
There has been one other woman I've been talking to a lot and seen twice, "ER" and we also seem to be hitting it off nicely. I'm going out with another friend next week as well, "MH" (the only person I am talking to who I've trusted with the blog, by the way - Hi, MH! Yes, that's you I'm talking about... ;) ) which is nice as we've been chatting and talking the longest but haven't managed to meet yet.
EL is planning to be officially out of the house over the weekend. I'm looking forward to it and have no emotional issues at all with that, though I'm depressed about my son not being here as much of course, but it's a good test of each other's goodwill- will she abide by her own rules about The Boy? Will I? Etc....
I've read another two Emails from her that were so freakin' disgusting I'm going to continue to insist it helps me immensely to read them. Again, I'm no prude people, but the things described are pretty risky behaviors to be doing unprotected (which was vividly obvious) with a married guy she barely knows who may very well be having or had OTHER affairs in his past.
Let's see, what other updates....oh, I've finally been served my papers. I think the mailman must have come yesterday when The Boy and I were nappin' that afternoon but he left the registered mail receipt so I will probably get it redelivered today. If not I guess I can pick it up at the post office.
I'm looking forward to getting back to work at this point. I mean, I've gotten a bit lazy in my habits and so it's time to get on with my life in that regard as well.
The holidays didn't play TOO much hell with my new dietary habits, though I ate the first cookies I've had in 3 months, and a hell of a lot of them, too. But I don't want to fall into that "oh it's a holiday" mindset and pig out so aside from a dozen cookies or so and some ice cream and cake, I've stayed pretty good.
Found a new obsession, too: Clementine Oranges. Oh MAN these things are awesome! I LOVE oranges, favorite fruit by far, but such a sticky, messy pain to peel. I was partial to Valencia's - huge, juicy, but pain in the ass peels. My sister said try Clementines but I was like, yuck, they're so small...I've always ignored them in the store. But she said they peel in one piece and she wasn't kidding. Wow. So, true, you have to peel 4 of them to equal the fruit of one big fat Navel or Valencia, but you can still do it in half them time without getting all sticky. Plus the sections are just the right size for The Boy to stuff in his mouth without needing to be cut up or bitten in half, which also really cuts down on the mess factor. :)
That's about all I can think of to throw in here at the moment. Tomorrow I pick up the disposable camera pictures....lol...can't wait, though, I'm starting to think they'll be nothing special now - she hasn't taken the other camera out of her car or even hidden it (clearly visible through the window) and if it was something "incriminating" I'd think she'd have done so by now. So probably just gonna be pics of her company holiday party or something. I'll let ya know. :)

1 Comments:
I hope 2005 is a lot better for you than the previous year has been. Have a Happy New Year.
Learned.
Post a Comment
<< Home