Some Good News
Such as it is, anyway.
Got some mortgage quotes today. Looks like I will qualify for the mortgage I need, on my own. Credit score pretty good, though there is some stupid thing on there that I knew would be, a bullshit collection agency that's trying to collect a debt from the mid-90's.
Yeah, you read that right. A $481 debt that's been following me since like 1995. Yes, that's not legal. Yes, they do it anyway. But I can probably get it taken off. But even with that my score is over 720 which is the cutoff for the "good deals."
Also, if the house really does appraise for what it appraised for when we refinanced a year ago, I won't even need PMI since the loan is less than 80% of the appraised value. So that'll lower my payment a bit.
I will still probably need a roommate to make things easier, but I'll be able to squeak by without one if I get left in the lurch.
EL say she is willing to quit claim on the house without any legal hassles, even if there WOULD be equity, she'll sign off on it just to be out. Once again I need to move shit as fast as humanly possible then before she changes her mind on that. Mortgage broker says he can get it done before the end of January so that's pretty cool. I will probably go for it, I want to shop around and get one more quote but this was at 5.5 (30 year fixed, a 5 year AMR was only .125 points lower so it's not worth it, was only a $15/month saving) which is lower than the one we have now actually.
So, I can probably even taken out a few extra thousand bucks for legal fees and a new bedroom set, and a bed for The Boy, which are the only real bits of furniture I will need. Oh, well, a small kitchen table, but that's not much either.
She is up there right now chatting online with some dude, NOT her boyfriend, sharing stories of her sexual exploits and desires. Good luck, Other Guy, if you marry this skank, is all I can say.
She was also making fun of her brother, who true to his word called her today and tried to talk some sense into her. So while he was talking to her, she was chatting with this guy about what a foolish "holy roller" her brother is. Pathetic.
How do I know? Well, I've decided to go back to snooping, installed a packet sniffer on the LAN here. Gets most IM's though some are pretty garbled, I see enough to know what she's talking about. Whore. Mainly I'm looking for her to start visiting adult personal ad sites, though.
I know, it serves no purpose anymore but it makes me feel better, so fuck it.

4 Comments:
Hi JD... About that credit stuff: I believe payments still outstanding will remain on the report until taken care of. Once taken care of, they will remain on the report seven years. At any rate, 720 is very good. We got a decent mortgage a few months ago with a rate of 690. Seven years can be so long *sigh*
-- Barbara
Well, when I said "taken off" I meant, I'm not going to pay it, I'm going to dispute it and get it freakin' removed completely. It's a bullshit debt and I won't pay it, ever.
:)
Tell me about it. We're currently fighting our last landlord who not only wants to keep our security deposit but charge us an EXTRA $500 for "crayon writings on all the walls." HELLO!? I haven't owned a crayon since I was 18... 15 years ago. They're threatening lawsuit, but they're more than two weeks past the 45-day deadline they have to file. Our lawyer laughs at them... they now owe us double the security deposit for dragging their feet. OK, sorry to hijack your blog. /rant off.
haha, I was so upset I forgot to sign my name :-P
-- Barbara
Post a Comment
<< Home