Thursday, December 16, 2004

A Nice Evening, and Social Life Update


So. Last night was the first clear night in like a week! Got out the binocs, and even from my backyard (not particularly dark) I was able to find Comet Machholz.

No tail yet, just a blurry spot, but pretty cool I was able to find it. Wasn't even that hard, though couldn't see it with the naked eye at all. I'd bet somewhere really dark you could, however.

Info here if you want to take a crack at it. The diagram is accurate, I found it pretty much right there.

Sky and Telescope link.

If you're into the idea but haven't a CLUE about where to look in the sky for stuff, email me, I'll help ya out. I'm not very good either, I don't know how to work the fancy coordinate system...I just draw lines between known stars/constellations and look in the approximate area. :)




OK, also had another date with Punky last night, that was fine as well. Just a date, dinner and a quick trip to Wal-Mart. LOL! I -said- it was a casual friendship, nothing much more... Had to make it an earlier night, no sitting up drinking coffee all night long this time, was home by 1AM.



I must say, it is a confidence builder and a self-esteem builder to see how easy it has been to meet people I feel comfortable with.

I admit, I did the lame-o Internet Personals thing, because I just wanted to see what the dating pool of women 29-37 was like. So I made a personal ad, and replied to a few, and at this point I almost need to take it down and stop writing to anyone new, because I've now been talking on the phone to 3 other women, all very nice and friendly, in similiar situations who'd like to do some casual dating as well. There are also a few chat-only friends that may end up as dates somewhere along the line as well. It looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me.

Y'know I tried to write that in as un-concieted sounding a way as possible. But I don't think you can write about going out to dinner with 4 different women without it sounding like I'm some kind of playboy, eh? TRUST ME, nothing could be further from the truth. These are dinner and handshake (ok, hugs, but whatever) dates only.

It has just been almost a relief to know that I can still capture the attention of someone nice and entertain them for an evening. I don't know why that should be surprising, given my outgoing nature and career in sales and training, but it was anyway. I guess 9 years with EL did crush some of that out of me.


Anyway, today I'm just home hanging out playing Thomas the Tank Engine and Little People Farm with The Boy. It's fun. I like that he's always pulling me away from the computer saying, "Daddy play on the floor. Play with the trains. Play with the farm." He hasn't ever done that with EL or even her dad, who is really close to him also. If nothing else all this time at home has been a big boost in our relationship, which is very rewarding.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JD

Good for you. It's good to see you moving back to a more normal life and starting to take small steps to beginning to enjoy life again.

I keep remembering one of James Taylor's songs:

"The secret to life is enjoying the passing of time."

Sounds like you're doing a lot more of that. Play with THE BOY. Love THE BOY. That's what it's all about. That will help him heal too.

God's peace.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Pinhead Nation said...

Way to do, dude. Don't take that crap.

Collar up.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home