New Comet Visible
I'd have been out looking for this one tonight, but as I just posted, was otherwise engaged. :)
http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/comets/article_1396_1.asp
Will be taking a look tomorrow. Over the next 2 months this one may turn out to be quite bright indeed.
Should be fairly easy for anyone to find with binoculars already. Orion is about the most recognized constellation in the sky, his lower right "foot" is Rigel, just look to the lower right of that. Use binoculars first, once you've found the comet, see if you can see it with the naked eye.
Our skies are pretty dark here and I can usually naked-eye observe mag 4.0 stars without too much trouble, though for 4.5-5.0 I need to move at least a mile or two up the road into some cornfields and for mag 6 a 45 minute drive into the next county is usually required.
If you see it, let me know.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home