Not a Memorable Date, and, More Proof EL is No Longer My Wife
Well! Not a great date last night. Hey they can't all be success stories. Nice woman, friendly, but...no chemistry, not my "type" I guess. Over the phone, we had nice chats but I admit I never felt a lot of spark, but in the interest of both of us meeting people and getting out and having a nice social time, I figured to do it anyway. She felt the same way, like I've been saying, it's just getting out with new people. It wasn't a "bad date" just a flat date.
Tonight, I have another date, this is a gal who we've really hit it off over the phone and have a million things in common, so, I'm a bit more optimistic. Should be a fun night regardless of chemistry, but this time I'm suspecting there will be a bit more. This is Erin, and she sought me out, so that's gotta be a good sign. :) Plus we've really had lots of fun and funny phone convo's.
Now, EL just came down and when I talked about how we need to hurry up and get our tree up, she sorta looked at me like "why bother."
?!?!?!
This is more proof positive this is not my wife. She got SO OFFENDED when I pointed that out, too. She was like "don't go down that road again" but dammit, I can't help it sometimes. I just said, look, this proves you are completely not yourself right now - my wife (the one I married) is the most Christmassy person there is, and this blog has been filled with tons of material on how The Boy is the center of both our worlds.
I was stunned to hear her say that. She said, "He's got a tree at my mom's house."
I didn't get mad but I just said, she's crazy, he needs a tree in his house! It's CHRISTMAS! He's TWO!
What has gotten into this woman, I have no idea. Well actually I have a very good idea. But I just can't believe she's lost herself THIS much, that suddenly, she doesn't think it's important for our son to have a tree in his own house!
Boy did she get offended when I said, "You are so caught up in your own lust you don't even know who you are anymore." I know those are the kind of comments that don't help the situation, but fuck it, we're not getting back together again so I don't much care anymore.
I mostly avoid those kind of comments and confrontations, but I was so surprised I couldn't help it.
If I posted the text that was in the "dick pictures" email, you'd understand why I feel nothing but contempt for her now. I'm tempted to do that so people can see why I've made such a quick turnaround. She's reaching a new depth of depravity. I know, a hypocrite right? I mean, what's that old saying - a man wants a wife who's a virgin in the parlor and a whore in the bedroom? But it's different when it's your wife being a whore in someone else's bedroom, while still married. But hell, I know, ALSO hypocritical, as we're only married in a legal sense anymore. If she wants to be so slutty for some new man, I guess it really ISN'T my business anymore.
But reading it sure helped me realize that I don't wanna be married to her anymore. I guess it is male ego and my sense of propriety that's offended, 'cuz if she'd been saying those things to me/about me maybe I'd feel quite a bit different, eh?
Well it is what it is. She left the goddamn Email in the computer in a shared folder, I didn't go searching for it this time. I really don't bother anymore.
The ONLY snoopy thing I've continued to do, is occasionally I grab her digital camera out of her car at night, to take a look at what pics are on it. I consider that nothing more than a legal strategy, not a "jealous husband" one. I just want to know what else she's taking pics of around the house, though if I find pics of the two of them, well, yeah, I'm not denying I'd love to have that last little bit of leverage to keep her honest.

3 Comments:
"We need a tree...?"
Hon, there is no WE with you two. You want a tree, go get a tree.
Let go. Take the boy and go get a tree. And no, don't ask if she wants to go with. You're no longer a "we" with her. Make your own way.
Do what YOU want to do. And enjoy it! You've got learn to make your own happiness, not rely on someone else to provide it for you.
Good point. I didn't mean "we" as in "us" I mean "we" as in "we who live in this house and are The Boy's parents" though. :)
But I suppose it's still a concept I have to get more used to, yeah. I really don't think of us as a couple anymore though, in any way. Like I didn't even bother inviting her to my relative's for Christmas or anything. I just told her when and where I'm going.
When someone is caught up in an affair, or even whatever the hell EL is caught up in, they become selfish and self focused. You are right in your assessment that she is so caught up in her lust that she is forgetting what is REALLY important.
Your little boy. He needs as much stability as possible right now, at least he has you to provide him that.
What I wonder is how many men your little boy is going to be exposed to in the long run. El needs to get a grip, and start thinking about her kid instead of herself.
Learned.
Post a Comment
<< Home