Happy New Year - I'm 35. Great.
So I don't think I ever mentioned this, but I was born into the last 20 minutes of the 60's. In Richmond, Virginia in fact. Named after the President of the Confederacy, hence my initials. I've always decided those two facts are what have made me such a rebellious, antiauthority liberal flower child. :)
(I've been a Yankee all my life, even though I was born a rebel. :) )
And, 'ol Dad got a nice tax deduction for all of 1969, for being a father all of 20 minutes. :)
So, I just turned 35. And about to be a divorced, single parent. It's a little hard NOT to be depressed. Really not where I thought my life was going at the beginning of 2004 when I turned 34 and things seemed pretty neatly on track for a nice future.
Had a great evening out with Punky, however, nice dinner at one of the Lehigh Valley's best restaurants (but far from most expensive, the best combo in my book!) then back to her place for some champagne and to see in the new year. That was nice. Still no major expectations or anything - she's dating a lot, same as me, and not looking for any relationships right now - but it was nice to at least spend it with someone special. We do enjoy each other's company quite a bit.
Her husband, what a jerk. I know this makes me sound like a hypocrite, of course, since I read some of EL's mail and develop her pictures and stuff, but the difference is, she's still living here. Punky's been seperated for like 6 months already, lived alone since July, and her husband still spies on her. I will NEVER be doing that - once she's out, she's out.
But this guy, he uses her kids against her - pumps them for info, has them call her up and ask questions, gives them guilty little phrases to dump on her. He left a note on the door saying "Happy New Year I Love You" while we were out, but then also left a nasty message on her answering machine asking "Who's this JD guy and why did he give our kids Christmas presents?" (I gave them token gifts because she had a holiday open house...) He sent her a nasty email demanding she call him. All this while we were out at dinner. She's quite a bit freaked out.
It's a good example of a truly controlling husband who can't let go, and a sobering example for me of how NOT to act. I may be snooping while she's here, but I've already let go and don't plan to interfere in any of her life shit aside from probably telling the other guy's wife when this is all over, and I'm not even sure about that.
Anyway I feel very badly for Punky, and her kids, and I'm resolved not to ever do any of that kind of shit.
As for the new year, well, it's pretty hard for it NOT to turn out better by the end than this one did.
I hope the rest of you have a nice New Year's celebration, a good 2005, and are not particularly depressed this evening. :)
JD

2 Comments:
Happy Birthday JD!!!
oops, that was me!!
Learned in PA.
Have a great day.
Post a Comment
<< Home