Saturday, November 20, 2004

Well, I'm leaving...

Well, guess what 2 year old sat through his first full-length movie in a theater, without a single fret?

That's right - The Boy! He was enthralled through the whole movie. I mean, it WAS "The Polar Express" all about trains and Santa Claus, so it was the perfect first movie, but even so I had figured on maybe 30 minutes before we had to leave.

But nope - he loved every minute, never fussed, got excited at the right parts, laughed at the funny stuff - kid's got a great sense of humor already. I was proud of him, and the whole way home he kept saying, "I watched the WHOLE MOVIE! The Polar Express! All aboard!!!" and talking about it. Good time.

Anyway, I'm off to upstate NY for the weekend. EL promises she won't bring the guy into my house, but I think that's more because they won't have an opportunity, than because she really wants to honor that agreement. I admit it, I've set up the webcam on the doorway and hall landing so we'll see.

At least, she admits she "doesn't know" if she'll bring him here while I'm on my one week vacation. She says, "it's my house too." Which it is, but we should still respect some limits through this difficult time, don't you think? I told her, does she want me bringing women here when she's not home? I highly doubt it.

I wish some of you lived locally - I'd ask you to keep an eye out for a tan Escort in the driveway. :)

I DO believe her she won't introduce The Boy to The Guy, but that's mainly because she doesn't want to confuse The Boy and get him in the middle, which I respect. But notice she could care less about MY feelings on the matter.

I asked if she wanted the # for my work's EAP program to set up counseling, she said she did, so I left it for her. I hope she does get someone to help her through this. If after that she still wants the divorce, well, I won't argue anymore. That's all I want - her affair to be broken up (which I'll be doing) and then her to make a clear headed, unemotional decision about what's best.


Anyway, don't look for any updates this weekend unless something screwy happens, which hopefully, won't.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad your little one enjoyed the movie.

Be careful on your trip and try to relax.

signed,

Learned the Hard Way.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Angel Singer said...

Hurray for the Boy! I'm glad you both had a great time. Enjoy your trip.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home