Something that has nothing to do with my marriage.
So.
I needed something, anything I could consider an "upper" this morning.
So, I finally called my doctor to find out what my weight was the last time I was in there. Since this whole mess started, and I first didn't eat for a week and then started this low-cal diet (yesterday's food log, by the way, was under 700 calories. I'm no longer "worried" about it though. I gave blood yesterday and my iron/hemoglobin was a nice high 15, my blood pressure was a reasonable 112/70 and my pulse 70. I wasn't even woozy after giving the pint, either, and I'd only had about 300 calories all day to that point. But I'm digressing - point is, don't "worry" about my low-cals. I'll eat more when my body tells me to) I never got a "baseline" weight so I had no idea what I was losing.
So...I'm sorry, I'm WAY too embarrassed to put what my weight WAS on 5/19. And if anything, on 10/9 when all this began, it might even have been HIGHER. I sure wasn't doing anything to lose weight between 5/19 and 10/9.
Anyway, not saying what it WAS, but it's 30lbs less today. I did the math as conservatively as I could - when they weighed me there at the doc's, I was wearing pretty much what I am right now, had my phone, wallet, shoes on, etc. So I just went into the weightroom here and weighed myself with the same junk in my pockets. It was about 7lbs higher than what I was at home fresh from the shower this morning. So I took that 7lbs off the weight the doc told me and used the result as the baseline.
30lbs.
Damn. I didn't expect that. No wonder people are telling me I look different.
I'm still a good 70lbs from where I want to be, but, I was pleasantly surprised anyway.
Please don't laugh. I remind myself of the Simpsons episode where Homer's on the diet, and he gets on the scale, and he's WOOHOO'ing all happily that he's down to 249 or something like that.....only to have Monty Burns (who's having his portrait painted by Marge in the other room) laugh at him and say, "Let me understand this - you're PROUD of that? Why, you're the fattest thing I've ever seen - and I've been on safari!"
But hey, to me, I AM Homer. I AM proud to have dropped 30lbs in a month, damn tootin'.
It's all I got right now, baby. Don't laugh at me. Thanks.
I needed something, anything I could consider an "upper" this morning.
So, I finally called my doctor to find out what my weight was the last time I was in there. Since this whole mess started, and I first didn't eat for a week and then started this low-cal diet (yesterday's food log, by the way, was under 700 calories. I'm no longer "worried" about it though. I gave blood yesterday and my iron/hemoglobin was a nice high 15, my blood pressure was a reasonable 112/70 and my pulse 70. I wasn't even woozy after giving the pint, either, and I'd only had about 300 calories all day to that point. But I'm digressing - point is, don't "worry" about my low-cals. I'll eat more when my body tells me to) I never got a "baseline" weight so I had no idea what I was losing.
So...I'm sorry, I'm WAY too embarrassed to put what my weight WAS on 5/19. And if anything, on 10/9 when all this began, it might even have been HIGHER. I sure wasn't doing anything to lose weight between 5/19 and 10/9.
Anyway, not saying what it WAS, but it's 30lbs less today. I did the math as conservatively as I could - when they weighed me there at the doc's, I was wearing pretty much what I am right now, had my phone, wallet, shoes on, etc. So I just went into the weightroom here and weighed myself with the same junk in my pockets. It was about 7lbs higher than what I was at home fresh from the shower this morning. So I took that 7lbs off the weight the doc told me and used the result as the baseline.
30lbs.
Damn. I didn't expect that. No wonder people are telling me I look different.
I'm still a good 70lbs from where I want to be, but, I was pleasantly surprised anyway.
Please don't laugh. I remind myself of the Simpsons episode where Homer's on the diet, and he gets on the scale, and he's WOOHOO'ing all happily that he's down to 249 or something like that.....only to have Monty Burns (who's having his portrait painted by Marge in the other room) laugh at him and say, "Let me understand this - you're PROUD of that? Why, you're the fattest thing I've ever seen - and I've been on safari!"
But hey, to me, I AM Homer. I AM proud to have dropped 30lbs in a month, damn tootin'.
It's all I got right now, baby. Don't laugh at me. Thanks.

1 Comments:
Good for you, JD! Don't forget the Oxygen Mask!
D
Post a Comment
<< Home