Wednesday, November 03, 2004

America deserves what it gets.


Am I disappointed? Hell yes.

Pennsylvania, we came through for Kerry. But the rest of the country, seems to want Bush back.

Because I love my country, I support that, as bitter as it is to me, because I know it's wrong for us.

However, it was a fair election this time. Oh, there'll be conspiracy theories about Diebold's electronic voting machines in Ohio, but I don't believe that really. (I am against electronic voting machines, definitely, but more for what the future holds. I don't really believe anyone "rigged" anything.)

I won't say what a lot of people say, "He's the President so I'll get behind him and support him." No way. I suppose I'd be described as the "Loyal opposition."

I'm loyal to America the country, to the people, to the Consitution, to our forefathers and ancestors who made this country what it is, and to the newcomers who maybe didn't have anything to do with that, but came here for a better life.

And because of that - I think we're in trouble. I think America made the wrong choice, I think we are going to pay in blood and treasure for the next 4 years.

I think Bush will get to pack the Supreme Court with at least 3 appointments, probably putting in some overly moralistic crusaders who will really do a lot of damage.

I think our foreign policy will continue to be a nightmare.

I think, if I want to (I don't, really) I'll have a lot of chances to say "I told you so..." in the next 4 years. War. Poverty. Taxes. Deficits. Corporate Cronyism. Illegal deals. Drafts. Environmental disasters. Crusades. Attacks...and more.

But...I love my country, and this is what a majority of people want. I hope they are happy with what they get.

To the rest of the world: I'm sorry. I tried.

2 Comments:

Blogger Digger Jones said...

I didn't vote for Bush as much as against Kerry. Frankly, the liberal establishment scared the hell out of me enough that I knew I needed to get off my butt and vote, Or else. Or else we would have 2 fresh-faced senators with ZERO executive experience running the country.

"Gee, what's this button for?"

At least Bush is usually well supervised, the Chimp that he is. Now a lame duck chimp.

Now he and his party's majority will have to produce or face some seriously dire consequences in 2008.

Hillary is coming.

And I don't mean that in a good way.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Fensty said...

Fair 'nuff. I'm sorta the opposite, lots of things about Kerry were not for me, but I am firmly on the side of "Anybody But Bush."

I really thought we had it, too. But more Americans apparently want a weird religious zealot who never makes mistakes and acts on his impluses as President. I love my country, so so be it.

I don't want to argue politics really, sorry...can't help it I guess.

Just one other comment - Edwards, yeah, fresh-faced Senator. But Kerry? He's been in the Senate since the 80's. Just sayin'.

Moot now anyway, your guy won. Hope you turn out to be right, and me wrong. I do mean that sincerely, too.

JD the BH

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home