Sunday, November 21, 2004

Short Update - All is Well in NY

Well, the trip out was fine, The Boy slept a good hour of the 2 hour drive. 'stang performed flawlessly. The Boy has not missed his mom yet (I don't say that with some kind of nasty satisfaction, I mean, I wasn't sure if he'd cry or anything. He DID cry at bedtime for a few minutes but that's becoming normal, he just doesn't like to go to bed.)

EL and I also used to fight over his pacifier (I can't believe he still has one at age two, I don't like 'em) and I'm also happy to mention he hasn't had it since we got out of the car, and neither has he wanted it or asked for it.

EL was sorta sad as we left - as far as I can remember, she has never been away from him for an overnight before. I DO believe SHE isn't worried I'm heading for Canada, she was just sad to miss her son.

You know, of course, I couldn't help but mention - get used to it, this is just the start...

Anyway, I asked if she wanted to call us to check, or have me call her, but she said no. OK.

But of course, last night around 6:30, she did call my cellphone...I admit, I WAS amused that when she did, we were driving in the car on the way to dinner. I was wondering if she was worried we were on the way to Mexico. She asked to talk to The Boy, and I'm sure she was asking "Is Aunt J there? Did you see the doggies?" but she'd have done that anyway, so maybe I'm projecting negativity on her that's not there - of course she'd miss her son and want to make sure he got to NY safe and all that.

But, I know her mother was there, and I know she was making a big deal about asking The Boy where he was and stuff. To her credit, she didn't demand to speak to my sister to make sure that's where we REALLY were. So, maybe I am just being a jerk here.

As I walked out the door, just to stick the knife in my wife said as I left, "I might move some stuff over to my parent's house..." -sigh- If she moves out, it will be nearly impossible to save the marriage I guess. She had to say that just to make me miserable this weekend.

(Then again, I did point out that thing about how missing The Boy for a weekend would be nothing compared to a week at a time...so I'm not without blame here in the mindgame arena myself...)

Anyway, we'll be home tonight sometime...then I've got tomorrow to prep for my 18 hour drive to Florida...


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it's still not impossoble to save the marriage if she moves out, I was moved out and living with another man and my marriage survived.

Learned.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home