Monday, November 08, 2004

Monday afternoon. Unlrelated items of note.

Neither of these items has anything to do with my marriage.

#1 - My beater car is already fixed. Turns out, it was just the belt had worn out and torn off. I couldn't tell that by the side of the road, it's one of those cars with 3 drive belts and it looked like it was still on, but that was the belt to the A/C compressor only. The belt that ran the alternator/water pump (and then cross-pulley'd to the A/C compressor) was the one that broke, it's only visible from underneath.

So, that was cheap and easy. I let the guy replace the other belt while he was in there, I could do it for 1/3rd the cost but I'm lazy so why not. Turns out the A/C compressor has a broken bracket so he wanted to charge me some big bucks to fix that, but the A/C doesn't work anyway so I told him just leave that belt off. I'll be yanking the A/C out to save weight anyway. (Did I ever mention I drag race? Legal at the track, not on the street. People die that way. Bystanders, I mean. Racers, hey, we take our chances...)



#2 - OK, THIS I admit, made my day. At least until I get home and start thinking about everything else: I know I must be looking different.

Someone who hasn't seen me in a few weeks, a customer service rep I trained about 5 months ago, who doesn't strike me as particularly observant or interested in other people (she's one of those self-absorbed twenty-something girls! You know the type...) just stopped in her tracks, looked at me and said, "Wow...hey, did you lose weight? Like...a LOT?" Then she got embarrassed like she thought she shouldn't have put it that way, but damn, did it make my day. I told her that, nothing to be embarrassed about if it's true. :)


So that was good. BTW it's 35lbs as of today. :) And I actually ate CHINESE FOOD over the weekend. Yes, nice healthy steamed vegetables with white meat chicken and just a touch of garlic sauce on the side, BUT, I also ate 8 entire spicy steamed wontons. That hadda be 800 calories right there! LOL. (I did spread it out over 2 days, but still...)

Going home to make a veggie stir fry tonight in fact. With zero-calorie cooking spray on the non-stick pan. :)

I'm sure my good mood won't last once my wife comes home late, flushed, and probably tells me she wants a divorce, but it's fun while it lasts.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO, JD! I spit diet Minute Maid Rasberry Passion all over my monitor at that! (10 calories per can and yummmmmmm-eeeeee)

So glad to see that your hard work is showing clearly enough for us self-absorbed youngins to notice.

Oh, and TOM had a thought today (we only talked about you, yay us). In my state it is considered unethical for an attorney to take the case of one party in divorce proceedings if they have previously spoken with the other. Basically, his brother-in-law did the "free consultation" with all of the decent lawyers within 50 miles before deciding on one, thus disabling them from assisting TOM's sister. She had to either drive far, far away or settle for a crappy lawyer in a cheap suit. What a great idea! Sneaky, but it might be worth your time.

Take care,
D

9:54 PM  
Blogger Fensty said...

LOL...that is funny (hitting all the lawyers in the area) but I really can't afford that kind of TIME. He musta had a lot of time to kill. :)

Nah, I will hit a few and get some references, if it comes to that.

As for the self-absorbed 20 year old - I get a ton of visitors who are linking off her site so I thought it only fair to return the favor.

And I did get the reference Mac. :)

As for my fatness, I still have 65lbs to go, so as Mr. Wolf said in Pulp Fiction, "Well, let's not go suckin' each other's dicks quite yet..." This first 1/3rd was the easy part. Don't think I don't know that.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

All us twenty-something girls are self-absorbed. Really, it's true. It's because we aren't old to enough to have fucked up other people's lives yet, only our own.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home