Here's a weird one...
(Blogging by mail…)
Sunday, as we drove on our family trip to Roadside America (giant indoor display of a model town - many towns actually, over several different American eras, complete with cars, trains, airplanes flying around, etc. Lots of buttons for the kids to press, etc…) and past the airport, The Boy was pointing at an airplane coming in for a landing. A light plane, some kind of small Piper I think.
I was reminded I'd looked up prices for renting airplanes nowadays. 10 years ago when I used to fly, it was $50/hr for a 2-seat Cessna 152 and $70/hr for the 4-seat Cessna 172. I knew it'd be higher, but I was surprised - a 4 seat Piper Cherokee was $120/hour. (Incidentally, back then my father was my flight instructor, so we only had to pay for the rental. Flight instruction now is like another $60/hour and I'd need a good 10-12 hours at least probably to get up current again in my certs….)
So, I mentioned that I was thinking about it, since The Boy is SO into airplanes, it'd be neat to get my license current again so we could take little day-hop flights around and have some fun. I said, "Would you be afraid to go flying with me, in a small plane? You've never been in one…" She said she didn't think so, she started to talk about her fear of heights but somehow she happened to say, "You know, you and The Other Guy have a lot in common, you know, you're a lot alike…he's into skydiving." "I know" I said, "It's his screenname, remember?" Well I changed the subject rather quickly because, quite honestly, I could care less about this dude, but she pointed out a few other similiarites.
(It was amusing, however, when I said, "Yeah, his cellphone #'s last 4 digits are the same as the last 4 digits of my Social Security number." She sorta did a double-take for a sec (I assumed she'd already noticed that, but I don't have her SS# memorized so maybe she doesn't have mine, though she's got a better head for stuff like that, and she'd need to know it for a lot of the taxes and billing and health benefit stuff she handles) and then said, "Really? … … … WAIT….how do YOU know his Cellphone #?" I just reminded her, I knew stuff about him SHE didn't even know…like his home #, salary, home apprasied value, etc… I think she was a bit startled, but I'd TOLD her that already. Anyway it was amusing, but lest she think I was some kind of weird stalker I just explained that one simple website gives you all this info and all you need is his name and birthdate. She again expressed surprise, "How do you know his BIRTHDAY?!" And I said, "EL - it's his SCREEN NAME… OtherGuy123169 what did YOU think that number was?!" So she apparently didn't even know that was his birthday. LOL. Why this amuses me I don't know, somehow that I know more about her boyfriend than she does amuses me. Wait, if she says she wants the divorce, I'll pay the $40 for the completel criminal and sexual predator background checks on the guy, that may be interesting, eh?)
Anyway...
It strikes me now….WTF….so, she's falling in love with another guy, who's a lot like me, lots in common with me, who is treating her nice now just like I did for 7 years out of the last nine, but rather than let ME fix MY marriage and GO BACK TO BEING A GUY LIKE THAT, she'll throw it all away on him?
Is it just my biased position on this that that seems so insane?
I mean, wouldn't it make a lot more sense if she was saying he was the complete polar opposite of me?

3 Comments:
Women...strange creatures.
LOL
Anyway, it's not all that uncommon for women to like men with lots of things in common. Kinda like "her type" ya know? Trust me, I'm a woman - remember?
LOL, again. (Do I laugh at myself that much? Doing it again.)
TC,
D
D, good point, actually, makes a lot of sense...
So, it WAS my biased position on that one that it seemed so weird. But yeah, it's not like if I dated someone new, they wouldn't also have to like Disney, be independant and smart, like fast cars, have a good sense of humor, etc.
She's still insane though. :)
Mac, I Emailed ya on that. :)
please leave this woman and find someone your psychological equal.
Post a Comment
<< Home