Beach Blogging
ARGH. Of course, Blogger choked on the Email I tried to send from the beach today to the blog. :)
I was actually sitting in the sand, at the shoreline with the surf (very small Gulf surf that is) washing over my feet blogging. Not that I wrote anything more than a few paragraphs, mind you, I WAS on the beach - but it was funny just to think I was blogging from the shore.
But, it apparently choked on it and never posted it. Typical. I'd upload a few pics but I've only got my pretty-crappy camera phone down here, and also, I don't have access to a place to host them I can get to from dear old Dad's computer here. My webspace has my name on it, and that Hello! thing that Blogger likes to use to upload pictures requires a client install, and my dad is one of these paranoid computer types who won't let me install anything.
Which, actually, I respect since the safest thing for the "average" computer user who really doesn't understand or care about stuff like that to do is not junk up the computer. Someone along the way (not me, though I would have if he hadn't already) must have given him (or his wife) Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy which are two junkware/adware program removers that I highly recommend to anyone.
So, anyway, sorry, no nice Gulf sunset pictures for you all.
People on the beach applauded the sunset. What's the deal on that? I've seen some KICKASS sunsets on Hawai'i and nobody applauded there. Florida people are strange, no doubt.
No green flash, either. Do you get that on the Gulf, or only the Pacific, I wonder. Never saw it on Hawai'i tho we looked every time. Most of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. It's an astro-geek thing. :)
Today I got a fairly late start and did not hit the shore until after 2pm, tomorrow I plan to leave a LOT earlier.
It's nice to be down here, I do have to admit I only spend about 1/5th of the time thinking about my likely impending divorce, which is a big, big change from before. If only that holds up when I get home.
Not too angsty of a blog entry this time around, because I'm not around to talk to her or look through her stuff and get all bent out of shape. I GUESS that's a good thing. :)
I was actually sitting in the sand, at the shoreline with the surf (very small Gulf surf that is) washing over my feet blogging. Not that I wrote anything more than a few paragraphs, mind you, I WAS on the beach - but it was funny just to think I was blogging from the shore.
But, it apparently choked on it and never posted it. Typical. I'd upload a few pics but I've only got my pretty-crappy camera phone down here, and also, I don't have access to a place to host them I can get to from dear old Dad's computer here. My webspace has my name on it, and that Hello! thing that Blogger likes to use to upload pictures requires a client install, and my dad is one of these paranoid computer types who won't let me install anything.
Which, actually, I respect since the safest thing for the "average" computer user who really doesn't understand or care about stuff like that to do is not junk up the computer. Someone along the way (not me, though I would have if he hadn't already) must have given him (or his wife) Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy which are two junkware/adware program removers that I highly recommend to anyone.
So, anyway, sorry, no nice Gulf sunset pictures for you all.
People on the beach applauded the sunset. What's the deal on that? I've seen some KICKASS sunsets on Hawai'i and nobody applauded there. Florida people are strange, no doubt.
No green flash, either. Do you get that on the Gulf, or only the Pacific, I wonder. Never saw it on Hawai'i tho we looked every time. Most of you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. It's an astro-geek thing. :)
Today I got a fairly late start and did not hit the shore until after 2pm, tomorrow I plan to leave a LOT earlier.
It's nice to be down here, I do have to admit I only spend about 1/5th of the time thinking about my likely impending divorce, which is a big, big change from before. If only that holds up when I get home.
Not too angsty of a blog entry this time around, because I'm not around to talk to her or look through her stuff and get all bent out of shape. I GUESS that's a good thing. :)

2 Comments:
Hi JD:
Instead of that crappy 'Hello,' try photobucket.com. Does the same thing but you don't need to download, and it's free, too. Also, photobucket was easier for me to figure out. I'm none too bright with these things :-)
As for the green flash, my college professors insisted is real. But with all the evenings I've spent on the Lake Michigan and Lake Superior shoreline, I have yet to see it. I doubt it matters what body of water you're on -- it has to do with atmospheric conditions.
On the other hand, did you hear the sizzle when the sun set into the water? (:-P my dad would always ask me that).
--Barbara
JD,
Glad to hear you're enjoying some of MY Gulf. I'm willing to share it. Yes, we occasionally see the Green Flash here. Sometimes I can even see that green haze in my front yard, some 5 miles from the Gulf. I guess I never noticed that I could see it moreso actually on the shore. Sound stupid? Ah, get over it. I'm wearing short sleeves and will be probably until after Christmas. Na-na-na-na-boo-boo.
Anyway, take care of yourself and get drunk a few more times. (While I don't recommend a vacation fling, I do recommend a couple tequilla sunrises and some Jimmy Buffet to get you in a beachy mood. Oh, and both of those are to be enjoyed by 10 AM. LOL
TC,
Dana
Post a Comment
<< Home