Monday, November 29, 2004

Bad Idea, but I'm posting this anyway.

As I try to let more of "me" come into the blog, and not make it "All Angst, All The Time" I'll post a few more of these off-topic (since that IS the name of the blog, after all...) posts.

This one is doubtless a bad idea. Those who've made up their minds that climate change is a myth and all that, don't care, and those that haven't already know this.

All I'm gonna say is - some of you told us we were idiotic Pollyanna's for not believing there were WMD's in Iraq, either, and look how well THAT turned out.

Oh....wait....yeah, forget that example.

Anyway - I'll even "give" that MAYBE, just MAYBE, the global climate changes that are happening are NOT caused by man. That doesn't make them any less real.

Though I do believe they ARE mainly caused by the greenhouse gas effect. But regardless, even the Pentagon a few months ago published a study that said about the same thing as this article. It was quickly buried by George W. "Don't give me facts that don't fit my agenda!" Bush, but, it predicted the same things.

Anyhoo...here...read.:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=585&e=5&u=/nm/20041129/sc_nm/weather_asia_dc

Go ahead, call me a flaming bleeding heart liberal, but you know, I do worry about this stuff.

And don't even get me STARTED on "Peak Oil."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the global warming is happening too and I'm a registered Republican but with a libertarian heart. (wink) I also have a strong dislike of Bush and still ask "Where's the WMD?" What a crock that was!

Well anyways, just wanted to let you know that at least one reader agrees. :)

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home