Thursday, December 02, 2004

Last Sunset in Naples


Well, this is it...vacation has to end now. Heading home tomorrow morning, will be home by 6pm.

However, my friend who was going to bring me home from the airport, sent me a text message awhile back that she's got a family emergency.

D'oh! I certainly don't blame her (and I don't say that just 'cuz she reads this :) ) because she was doing me a favor. But this might mean I either walk home from the airport (it's only a little over a mile...) BUT of course I don't have a winter jacket with me. :)

So I may have to take a cab if I can't line up another ride...but hey it's been a fun week, a cab ride is worth it.

My wife will already be gone when I get home, which is kinda sad so I won't see my son until Sunday night, but it gives me the house to myself to settle back in and in a way that's a good capper for this week away.

I've had the time down here to try to accept what's happening, get used to the idea, plan a little bit how to handle it - and now I get to go home and have 2 more days to internalize that in my own home. Might help.

I've not given up, but I'm a little closer to realizing that it's mostly out of my hands right now. All I can do is keep being the right kind of man for myself and my son, try to remind my wife what she's leaving, and let her decide what she's going to do.

I haven't changed my basic plans - get this agreement written and legalized as quick as possible, while she's still guilty, while the affair is still going on (so my threat of revealing it keeps her honest) and before she can change her mind.

Once that's done, I will still be trying to reconcile the marriage to at least go to counseling and see if we can TRY to save it. I don't know if I can do that myself, now - I'm not sure I'm going to be able to forgive and trust again, any more than she is. But I'd still like it if we can both try.

Here's today's sunset pic. :)




That's about 1 minute before true sunset. It's about halfway below the horizon there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fensty said...

I'm going to miss the sunsets. :)

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For anyone who cares, my wife's Herpes test came back negative...or so it appears. The problem with the lab's results is that not only is the "Physician" name listed as "ILLEGABLE" [sic], but the "Sample ID" number has been crossed out and handwritten in as another number. Doesn't inspire much confidence in the results, does it??

I'll be seeing a doc next week, and I'll want to be tested. I'll also want her retested.

She still doesn't seem to understand why I'm SOOOO angry about her failure to inform me as soon as she learned of the jerk's herpes. She's so full of bullshit, lies, and excuses.

SH

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home