Tuesday Night in Naples
I've been to Virginia Beach many times, Ocean City Delaware and several New Jersey beaches and never saw two things that I've seen at a beach before, but see here on the Gulf:
#1 - Fish jumping in and out of the water. I'm no fisherman, don't ask me what they are, but some kind of game fish. You'll be swimming in 4' of water and see a big fish just jump out.
#2 - Gulls diving into the water after minnows or whatever they're eating. "till now I'd have sworn seagulls only ate french fries off the boardwalk.
I've seen pelicans before, but these were just plain 'ol seagulls and not skimming the water but actually diving in from like 20' up, going all the way under after something. Very interesting to see.
Anyway, that was my day, sitting on the beach (I actually garbage-picked an old beach chair...LOL...people just throw stuff away here when they're done with it, there's nothing wrong with it, it was just left lying by the garbage can yesterday. I'm a scavenger what can I say?) watching the ocean, sleeping part of the time (I think) and listening to various comedy albums on my MP3 player.
I have a habit of downloading MP3's - I have about 30,000 MP3 files about now - but never getting a chance to listen to them, so that's been a nice diversion right there.
Tomorrow I MIGHT actually take a drive to a further-away beach just to get some drive-time in in the rental. Notice, even when I RENT a car, it has to be a Mustang Convertible:
Of course this one is the dog-like V6 and not the rip-roarin' V8 GT I have at home, but it gets the job done.
Can't say I've "forgotten" what's going on at home, or are really any closer to dealing with it, but it's been a nice change. I'm sure the drama will start up again when I get home, though I'll be trying to avoid it.
And, well, that's it. Sorry if the blog has been boring lately - less drama and angst, more rambling about beachcombing. :)

1 Comments:
I am glad you are relaxing, enjoy the sunshine, it is raining here...again.
Learned.
Post a Comment
<< Home