Monday, January 10, 2005

Real Blog Update Coming, I promise...

In the meantime, I thought I'd share...the grey polo shirt?

Now a very nice light beige color.

Now, if my experiments with battery acid on my jeans back in the 80's are any comparison, though, the first time I actually wash and dry it, it'll just fall apart into threads. Or doesn't that happen with bleach?

(Hey, I worked at a gas station, it was the 80's, and jeans with holes in them were "in" baby!)

I'm washing it again now in clean water and soap, then I'll dry it.

Of course, it still kind of looks weird, as the embroidered Pirates of the Carribean crest and Mickey Mouse is now red and orange on a beige background. So, not sure I'll ever wear it again anyway, but surprisingly it did fade to a uniform color.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chickie said...

I believe the shirt will disintegrate. I seem to remember in high school wanting to bleach just the top half of a pair of jeans so I soaked just that part in bleach in the sink. It only took one or two wearings before the legs came off pretty much on their own.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Fensty said...

I'm pretty sure you are right. It might've made more sense to get some black dye and try my hand at dying it. :)

In fact, since I'm in this experimental "learn more domestic crap" phase, I might do that anyway.

But...yeah. 'cuz...the bleach pretty much burned off my fingerprints, I've noticed. My finger tips are numb and rather "burnt" feeling, without the actual burning sensation.

If it did that to my fingers, some cotton and polyester doesn't seem like it has much of a chance.

IF it DOES hold together through a few wash/dry cycles (I'll just leave it in the laundry pile for a few days) I'll get some black dye and see what happens. :)

Stay tuned!
JD

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home